Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Delete Please

Comments

• Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    I am a casual collector of the 71, 74 and 75 sets. 71 seems overly abundant and I don't know if it makes sense to grade any cards from this set. Almost every card seems to come up fairly regularly on eBay. 74 is very difficult condition-wise. I have sent in a number of cards to fill in my set and received some lower grades which I expected. If you have a good eye, there are some tougher commons that may be worthwhile, Bob Love and Randy Smith come to mind. Also, the Laker leader card is tough due to print markings. Best bet is to check some of the current sets to see what cards have been filled in with lower grades. This usually indicates a tough card. 75 has a number of tough commons as well. If you have a good eye and it's for your own set, these may make more sense to grade. These do not come up as often as 71. Selling the 75's are tough because there just aren't a lot of people collecting this set. Hope this helps a bit. - Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>I am a casual collector of the 71, 74 and 75 sets. 71 seems overly abundant and I don't know if it makes sense to grade any cards from this set. Almost every card seems to come up fairly regularly on eBay. 74 is very difficult condition-wise. I have sent in a number of cards to fill in my set and received some lower grades which I expected. If you have a good eye, there are some tougher commons that may be worthwhile, Bob Love and Randy Smith come to mind. Also, the Laker leader card is tough due to print markings. Best bet is to check some of the current sets to see what cards have been filled in with lower grades. This usually indicates a tough card. 75 has a number of tough commons as well. If you have a good eye and it's for your own set, these may make more sense to grade. These do not come up as often as 71. Selling the 75's are tough because there just aren't a lot of people collecting this set. Hope this helps a bit. - Kevin >>

Thank you for the info....

I have just began scratching the surface with my sets... here are 4 i will get graded...The Robertson just because its the #1 card The Chamberlain and the Maravich are nice cards...

Then I have a couple Ervings.. The Erving pictured here has 2 rough factory edges...ive heard stories that PSA loves these or hate these...

Anyway, thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated..

• Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Sorry, I was sort of focusing on commons and forgot to mention star cards. Star cards would generally make sense to grade. For 71, the Alcindor/Kareem card and the Archibald card always seem to do well at auction. I'm really not good at judging scans. Perhaps someone can add some comments on those.
  • Options
    Im not looking for people to judge scans... Just wanted to share them with you...

I will let you know how I make and, and thank you so much for your input! I will be submitting the commons you mentioned as well.

Regards
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, the cards that were for sale on the BST then yanked off the table like the 63 Topps baseball.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    oh gosh....when someone dont respond to an offer for days, then yes, One would assume the deal is off....I re-offered the deal to you and you said no again...so why are you acting like I pulled the deal?

Be an adult...If you want to discuss, then email me...I don't think these people want to hear your story about how YOU backed out...

I will not reply or even look at this thread again.. Im closing it...

good bye!!!