Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay member KHW - Anyone dealt with?

khw recently posted an item on eBay that I'd really like to own but its out of my price range until/unless I liquidate some stuff...which I'm attempting. Has anyone tried to make a deal on something with him? Any idea if he's willing to negotiate? I don't want it sold to someone else because I think it's pretty rare that they come up but with the holidays coming I can't just drop it on a credit card until stuff sells. A further question to anyone that may have negotiated with them is are they willing to take a 1/2 deposit and do the Rent-A-Center plan with me? HA! I feel pretty broke asking but I want the item and am trying to work out a way to make an offer without sounding bad/cheap/deadbeat-ish.

Happy holidays all.

Comments

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    Bought a 1964 Topps Giants Dick Radatz slabbed auto from him. His pic showed a bold, blue sharpie auto. When it arrived it was light blue ballpoint pen, different cert # etc. He said he has mutiples of many items and doesn't have the time to scan each variation.

When I complained he gave a partial refund and then blocked me as a bidder, which he didn't have to do as I would never buy from him again.

This was 4-5 years ago I believe, before ebay became overly buyer friendly with SNAD rules.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    He did that to me. Descrition pic showed a dead centered example.
    The one that arrived had a big ole print spot on it . When I complained he said just that. He scans only on when he has multiples.
    No offer to take the one back.
    Have not bought from him since.

Good luck. Not sure if I would want an off ebay deal with smeone like that.

I have done exactly what you propose to many dealers I trust. All with good outcomes.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    It amazes me that a buyer thinks scanning one card and sending a different is ok. Then to block the bidder because they complain? Wow!
  • Options
    Yes, I purchased a 1979 Topps Lou Brock Auto from him 3-4 months ago. I received the card pictured.

I only had 1 small problem. Their was a blue ink mark on the back of the card. I emailed him about it. I asked for a $8 particial refund or to return the card for a full refund plus his shipping fee and my return shipping cost. He sent me the $8, not even requesting a scan of the back. I sent the scan to him anyways.

He was willing to work with me on his oversite. He did not block me.

I'd buy from again.

Dave
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I've purchased several cards from khw the last couple of years. Haven't had a single problem. I have no hesitation dealing with him

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Kirk is a good guy. Most of his items are Buy It Nows, if you are interested in an item he has listed send him a message and ask if you pull the trigger will he guarantee that you get the one pictured.
    If he won't, don't buy it. I agree, scanning one item and sendng another is no way to do business. You see that a lot on the comic book side where they use stock photos.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the feedback here going from "no problems" to "sent inferior card to scan and blocked me" I may take a chance on a relatively inexpensive card on my want list but would not liquidate part of my collection or go to any extraordinary means to deal with the gentleman. I would pass and be patient for another to come up from a more reliable seller.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Over the last few years I have purchased around 20 signed cards from him, twice I was sent different cards other than pictured, but they were low dollar items, one was actually better than pictured and the other not which I sent back and he sent the one in the picture.
    Overall I am very happy with my experiences with him, he is also a fast shipper usually ships same day.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brick is again spot on!image

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It amazes me that a buyer thinks scanning one card and sending a different is ok. Then to block the bidder because they complain? Wow! >>

These people are called "LOSERS" that must lead totally desperate lives. They may as well take a sign to the nearest intersection and panhandle, I would that more of them then.image
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>With the feedback here going from "no problems" to "sent inferior card to scan and blocked me" I may take a chance on a relatively inexpensive card on my want list but would not liquidate part of my collection or go to any extraordinary means to deal with the gentleman. I would pass and be patient for another to come up from a more reliable seller. >>

Well said. As a rule, I won't do business with any seller that "Can't be bothered" to show a picture of what I'm actually buying. WAYYYY too much variability in the appearance of one copy of a card to another to take any chances IMO.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it, particularly emailing to make sure I'd be getting the same card.