Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

[25th annivsary set] Can you ask PCGS to reholder a FS Mercanti label to a Flag label?

Since I don't always get the correct answer from the CS dept, I think I will get a better answer here.

25th annivsary set question: Can you ask PCGS to reholder a FS Mercanti label to a Flag label?
BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told by PCGS Customer Service that I can't change from a regular non-FS holder to a FS Flag label by paying the FS fee and a reholder (even though it's well within the FS deadline and PCGS has already certified the coins came from 25th anniversary sets).

But since you already paid the FS fee w/ the Mercanti labels, I bet they will grant your request if you pay the reholder fee... but you still better call and get someone to confirm.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, here comes a new service: label crossover.
    Enjoy the coin. Enjoy the slab. Enjoy the grade of the coin on the slab.
    Forget the stupid label. This is a fad that will one day make us all laugh.
    (ie. "Remember back in '11, when I threw out the mint packaging, took a pension loan, and tried to complete my First strike label variation collection? Man, who would've believed the OGP would be the real collectable hiding in plain sight? Those boxes are going for big $ on eBay 2.0!"

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    What did it cost for the Mercanti label and the black label without the signature and what were the requirements to obtain them? What label does a person get for just a regular 25th anniversary set slab with first strike designation?
  • Options
    If the label is already first strike, you just pay to reholder. Just tell them what you want to do on the submission form. I talked to customer service today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file