Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Worlds Greatest Waste Of Money

Really, this was garbage - stay away from these - might as well give your money away.

I went to Walmart to pick up some stuff and saw this there - figured why not. Now just to give you a little background, I did purchase one of these about a month ago and it was even worse that my finds today! Nothing good will ever come from these packs.

Only thing I was happy about was the Griffey Jr 90 Upperdeck and the 2 Jose Canseco's (because thats my favorite player)

For those who read up earlier this week - I did a wax break on 1990 Upperdeck - 36 packs - and didn't even pull a Griffey. Now I get one in 1 pack from this crap chase.

Has anyone EVER pulled anything good from these? I felt like opening up some wax tonight. They don't call it junk wax for a reason.

Comments

• I've never pulled anything good from the boxes, but when I buy them I've never had one sell for less than $50 on the bay.

Sean
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Give me the bucks you spent on that box and I can guaranty you that you will get allot better than what you got in that box!! And I am serious about that!!

That boxed crap is sad
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • At least they are star card. Alot of HOFers. Its like a rigged lottery.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Did you expect anything less? Whoever puts those together is doing it to make money. Nothing more than buying a scratch off lotto ticket. Can't blame whoever the person is behind them at all, it is actually a pretty damn smart idea. Especially when people like yourself know it is a bad buy, yet go back and buy them again. image
  • Even though the packs (and cards) were better with this one - never again.

Thats a promise. Ive learned my lesson.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've never pulled anything good from the boxes, but when I buy them I've never had one sell for less than $50 on the bay.

Sean >>

Sean, I am amazed these things always have bidders on them. I just think why not just spend that money on a card(s) that you actually need for your collection? Never had a interest but they do sell.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boxes of stuff. Gorillaz!