Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I need a little OBW help

Over the years I have been putting back alot of OBW rolls that I come across. Some were purchased via
eBay, newer ones from the mint, some thru coin clubs, a good chunk came from a guy Oreville hooked me up with. I need to be able
to put an honest value on them as Id like to maybe funnel the funds to another project. Is there any kind of published
list that has a good idea of current market value that is not grey sheet?

before anyone asks mainly Jefferson rolls, but there is also some cent, dime, half rolls.

no, not one 1983 quarter roll image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coin World includes an insert that has roll prices about once a month. I think they still do it. Sometimes those prices are off quite a bit. I always track the ones I'm interested in with an Excel spreadsheet off ebay auctions.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Doesn't gray sheet have them?
  • Options

<< <i>Doesn't gray sheet have them? >>

hate to admit this, but I never use the grey sheet, which is why I asked for other
    listings. I have been collecting in one form or another and been around a long time,
    the only time I ever looked at the grey sheet is the few times they sent free ones to me.

not sure if that makes me an idiot or smart, I pretty much used the bay as a value indicator
    over the years. now I am interested in seeing more than that image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Those lists like gray sheet are for "rolls". They could be tubed or re-rolled or OBW.

For OBW rolls assuming they're tight and have a head showing you might get a premium from buyers that insist on being unsearched etc...

With that in mind the bay might be giving you a better indication.

Ed
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Those lists like gray sheet are for "rolls". They could be tubed or re-rolled or OBW.

For OBW rolls assuming they're tight and have a head showing you might get a premium from buyers that insist on being unsearched etc...

With that in mind the bay might be giving you a better indication.

image >>

I have always considered greysheet bids for original rolls. Do the math on any coin that has an individual bid....they usually average out close to MS 64 bid. I for 1 will not pay anywhere near greysheet bid for a put together roll!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file