Home U.S. Coin Forum

New fees for World coins.........!!!!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have over 100 Canadian Dimes I was going to send in so I could put them in my set.

Well, effective Nov. 15th all non U.S. (1954 and before) coins have to go thru Secure Plus. So instead if $18 it's $25 a pop!!!!!!!!!

I ASK OUR HOST WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like this could have been handled better with a phone call as opposed to a whine on a chat board.

Perhaps there are no World Coin Graders at the Newport Beach location and they need to be sent offsite for grading?

Perhaps they knew you were planning a submission, and they raised the rates accordingly?

Perhaps they have to pay more for the new prong holders?
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    DIMEMAN = Frown face guy.

Your application of frown faces interspersed among your consistent moaning is tiresome.

Unclinch Bra.

Loves me some shiny!
  • KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    Dark Side fee!
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>New fees for World coins.........!!!!!! >>

Funny. I thought this was the US Coin Forum.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carew4me- You are like a slinky....not worth much....but would be fun watching rolling down several flights of stairs!!image
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    China!!!!!!!!

Simple answer.

• On a different topic, how is it that you have a huge avatar? I though you were limited to 100x100 uploading?
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Carew4me- You are like a slinky....not worth much....but would be fun watching rolling down several flights of stairs!!image >>

I gave you the attention you crave...still no happy??

Guess I have to tag it with a DIME image

Loves me some shiny!
    I wasn't craving attention.....wanted to see what everyone else thought about it.

I guess no one else cares how much they keep raising the fees on everything!image

Goldclause - As for my avatar.......I got it from the file of them PCGS has out there to choose from....do you have a problem???

• << <i>

Goldclause - As for my avatar.......I got it from the file of them PCGS has out there to choose from....do you have a problem??? >>

No, I was just wondering. I don't recall anyone else with an avatar that big. So, lighten up.
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey that affects me...I submit lotsa raw foreign....image
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is NGC charging these days for this same service?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• SouthcountySouthcounty Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭

To top it off they will likely put them in prong holders...........
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, i just sent in a world submission two days ago...using the old pricing scheme. i guess i am screwed on that one, huh? i didn't get the memo.
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    That bites. I was getting ready to do my annual submission. About 25 are foreign pieces.
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel, that in many instances, it's more favorable to buy PCGS slabs, than to submit raw.
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I feel, that in many instances, it's more favorable to buy PCGS slabs, than to submit raw >>

Perhaps in US coins that is true. But I find that in foreign many times the only way to get a coin you are looking for in a holder is to make it yourself. Pops are very low - at least in the foreign I go after.

I just don't understand why non U.S. has to be Secure Plus!!

W H Y !!!!
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I feel, that in many instances, it's more favorable to buy PCGS slabs, than to submit raw. >>

That's my conclusion. I have sovereigns I intended to submit in bulk but balked at the cost. Now I prefer to purchase them already slabbed.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the discussion we had last month on the WAC about this.

darkside link

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • TURBOTURBO Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

<< <i>China!!!!!!!!

Simple answer.

image >>

My answer went POOF! But not this one! What the heck????????image
    Does anybody out here think there is anything that can be done about this. If enough members complained to PCGS would it help.

I just don't see the need for secure plus on a canadian dime in AU worth $15 costing $25 to holder.

It's just not right............$18 is actually too much. There should be another lower fee for inexpensive coins under $100 or so.
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an idea, new TPG for cheap coins.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    It certainly changed my decision on where to mail my latest group of 11 raw World coins. But we have had a big discussion about it on the world coin forum.

<< <i>wow, i just sent in a world submission two days ago...using the old pricing scheme. i guess i am screwed on that one, huh? i didn't get the memo. >>

you know, looking back at my gold copy of the form, it reads that it is good until 12/31/2011...does that mean we get grandfathered in with the old forms until then? hmm....
  • georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>wow, i just sent in a world submission two days ago...using the old pricing scheme. i guess i am screwed on that one, huh? i didn't get the memo. >>

you know, looking back at my gold copy of the form, it reads that it is good until 12/31/2011...does that mean we get grandfathered in with the old forms until then? hmm.... >>

Good luck with that!
  • Maybe the WORLD COIN FORUM is where this belongs?
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    I think you are wrong in your assertion. World coins under $1k still can go through as before. This is a warranty issue. PCGS increased their world coin warranty from $1k to unlimited assuming it goes in under Secure Plus. I guess they feel that they can catch pretty much everything as long as it is submitted under Secure Plus

PCGS Announces Unlimited Guarantee for All World Coins
    Don Willis - November 21, 2011

Here is some great news for World coin collectors! Effective immediately, all World (non-U.S.) coins, including all Chinese coins, submitted through a PCGS Secure Plus service, will be fully covered under the PCGS grading guarantee, regardless of their value. This unlimited guarantee applies to any World coin (including Chinese) that is in a Secure Plus holder. Modern World coins dated 1955 to date and valued under $1,000 can be submitted through the Standard service. All other World coins must be submitted through Secure Plus. You can, however, submit Modern World coins under the Secure Plus service if you like.

World Coin Link
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anybody out here think there is anything that can be done about this. If enough members complained to PCGS would it help.

I just don't see the need for secure plus on a canadian dime in AU worth $15 costing $25 to holder.

It's just not right............$18 is actually too much. There should be another lower fee for inexpensive coins under $100 or so. >>

There is... it's called a flip.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

<< <i>

<< <i>

you know, looking back at my gold copy of the form, it reads that it is good until 12/31/2011...does that mean we get grandfathered in with the old forms until then? hmm.... >>

Good luck with that! >>

one can dream :-)
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just don't see the need for secure plus on a canadian dime in AU worth $15 costing $25 to holder. >>

Why would a $15 AU Canadian dime need to be authenticated and graded?
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Why would a $15 AU Canadian dime need to be authenticated and graded?

2 words

Registry Set

• << <i>It's just not right............$18 is actually too much. >>

How did you determine this?
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIMEMAN, don't lose your temper and get banned, you'd cut the population of forum members who care about dimes in half. image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file