Home Sports Talk

Jags fire Del Rio, team sold to Illinois businessman for $800m

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hmm, methinks Wayne Weaver does not want to be the goat that moves the team out of Jax.

They say the team will "stay" in Jacksonville -- uh huh, just like the Sonics "stayed" in Seattle.

Comments

• recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Two teams in Chicago?
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Two teams in Chicago? >>

No, move to LA for more $$$$$$$. But first they will "try" to keep the team in Jax by saying the state/city needs to spend $200 million to upgrade the stadium that was built in 1995. Once the city says NFW, then it's on to LA.
  • Are they going to let Del Rio coach the bowl game?
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    Wow...I've never thought about 2 Chicago teams, but it makes sense.

Jax is not an NFL city & either should go to LA or move somewhere else & Chicago makes sense...

Vikings owners are stuck. No way can they move from MN without the ardent fan base & Top-3 TV ratings they receive, despite the league's worst venue... Interesting...

SD should go to LA... Vikings get new stadium & put Jax in Chicago or Vegas...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik

Post - Mortem:

Vikings got new Stadium
    SD moved to LA
    Jags stay in Jacksonville!

• estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Nice pull from the depths of 2011.... what have we learned other than I'm still here...

1) Vikings new stadium is off-the-charts nice and I say they get another Super Bowl despite the bitter cold
    2) San Diego's owner is a tool & I expect they move back to SD area in the next 10 years
    3) Jacksonville is still not an NFL-caliber city and I say they move in the next 10 years. London or St. Louis.

NFL stays with 32 NFL teams -- the symmetry is too good to mess it up...

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik

Jags won't move for at least 5 years, if at all, but London is a possibility. St. Louis will not get another team - I can't see them building a $1 billion plus stadium. Plus they have some nuclear waste near the airport they need to clean up which will suck more $$$ out of their coffers.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018 11:00PM

@estang said:
    Nice pull from the depths of 2011.... what have we learned other than I'm still here...

1) Vikings new stadium is off-the-charts nice and I say they get another Super Bowl despite the bitter cold
    2) San Diego's owner is a tool & I expect they move back to SD area in the next 10 years
    3) Jacksonville is still not an NFL-caliber city and I say they move in the next 10 years. London or St. Louis.

NFL stays with 32 NFL teams -- the symmetry is too good to mess it up...

As nice as Minnesota’s new stadium is they won’t get a another Super until they build their next new stadium. That’s just the way it works in the NFL in regards to awarding Super Bowls to those with harsh climates

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......