Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

December specials

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I need a $10 year end red-flip auto special!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I need a $10 year end red-flip auto special! >>

2nd!
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

+100
  • Options

great call... I'm always done for this special!!!!!
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Pack special, please and thank you.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Both RED and BLUE!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Both RED and BLUE! >>

+1
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options

All I want for Christmas is a red-flip auto special!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pack special, please!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    How about a review special. Or how about a special I have never seen....something with a declared value up to the express level---have not ever seen one of these.
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    How about a $5 special with no year limit and less than 50 minimum card submission...
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about a review special. Or how about a special I have never seen....something with a declared value up to the express level---have not ever seen one of these. >>

+1 for the review special. I've been sitting on a bunch of my pre-half grade cards that could use a review, but at full price, that's just too much dough.
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    I think this would be a goldmine if they took off the minimums that are currently in place.

<< <i>How about a $5 special with no year limit and less than 50 minimum card submission... >>

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    A pack special would be dreamy, but my biggest wish is just that they don't renew that split for specials 1 & 2. I have a ton of 69-75 to send in, but not enough to make up TWO subs.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    How about a special for the people who paid full price for a premium service and didn't get popage within the time frame they paid for... And then had customer service complain to you about how they were too busy deal with it?
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    So I usually check the big 3 for the monthly specials. PSA doesn't have theirs listed as of this posting. SGC is running a nice special on 1980-present for $4.00 per card, and Beckett's site is completely down with a message stating it will be up tomorrow night.

I really hope PSA has a $5 or below special without the minimums. I can come up with 40-50ish, but not 100 at a time.

Rodney
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carol has posted them. $5 per for 1955 and up, $5.50 for 1933-55.
  • Options

<< <i>Carol has posted them. $5 per for 1955 and up, $5.50 for 1933-55. >>

Where are you seeing this. Is there a minimum?
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Carol has posted them. $5 per for 1955 and up, $5.50 for 1933-55. >>

Where are you seeing this. Is there a minimum? >>

See the sticky post at the top of this forum.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Blah, I was hoping for an extension on the $4.75.

Where are you seeing this. Is there a minimum?

It's the first thread at the top on the main page.

• Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Isn't there usually a set registry special?
  • Options
    Id like to see a real Christmas Special. Why couldn't PSA do a "Black Friday" special for members. Something crazy like 4.00 a card with a 25 minimum.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Id like to see a real Christmas Special. Why couldn't PSA do a "Black Friday" special for members. Something crazy like 4.00 a card with a 25 minimum. >>

$3/card, no charge if the card doesn't meet minimum grade.
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    My wish would be for them to come up with a way to get rid of this "separate" submission form stuff with respect to return shipping. I would think they could easily add an additional charge to cover the extra handling required to ship all orders back together if the submitter desired that service. I realize that turnaround times could be used as a "good" argument against providing this type of service, but I that could easily be covered by the terms of agreeing to combined return shipping. I often find myself with less than a hand full of "non-standard" type cards that I can never afford-ably get graded and have sometimes resorted to just buying them again already graded on eBay. Unfortunately sometimes they just stay ungraded or I sneak one in on my one of my free renewal voucher submissions!

I remember sending 4 orders in a year or so ago during a special similar to the ones posted for December that cost me less than $20 to ship and insure to Newport Beach. Those same 4 orders cost me over $80 to have them shipped back. I'm not talking a large order or high value stuff either, I think the shipping both ways on those orders was over 10% of what it's declared value was. I had a voucher sub (6 cards), a pre-56 sub (5 cards), a post-55 sub (30 cards) and another post-55 sub (10 Salada coins).

It just seems like there should be a better way, especially for us "small-volume" collectors.

That being said, I will have a 50+ card submission in December!!!

Scott
  • Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Pretty weak special
  • Options
    NO PSA/DNA Special?

I guess I'll waite until the Specials page gets updated to see.

Dave
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    hallelujah. now i can sub free of the division at 1971 & 1972 which made very little sense to me in the first place.
  • Options

<< <i>hallelujah. now i can sub free of the division at 1971 & 1972 which made very little sense to me in the first place. >>

You and me both. It's the only reason I didn't sub in Nov.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the 45 day specials. It just seems like it takes forever. I would like to see 20 day or less specials (not $14 per card, a little pricey).

20 day - $6

10 day - $8

or something like that. maybe some discounts or free shipping with quantity, would be nice.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

<< <i>I hate the 45 day specials. It just seems like it takes forever. I would like to see 20 day or less specials (not $14 per card, a little pricey).

20 day - $6

10 day - $8

or something like that. maybe some discounts or free shipping with quantity, would be nice. >>

I'm not sure about your experience, but i have sent in over 100 cards a few times and it has never taken more than 3 weeks (~21 days as opposed to 45 business)
  • Options

<< <i>I hate the 45 day specials. It just seems like it takes forever. I would like to see 20 day or less specials (not $14 per card, a little pricey).

20 day - $6

10 day - $8

or something like that. maybe some discounts or free shipping with quantity, would be nice. >>

Yeah, it would be great I guess, but what you're asking for is significantly faster service times at essentially the same price as the 45 day service. Not sure how they would manage that. Besides, most subs which consist of similar items pop in well under 45 days anyway in my experience (both subbing and watching others' subs)
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Id like to see a real Christmas Special. Why couldn't PSA do a "Black Friday" special for members. Something crazy like 4.00 a card with a 25 minimum. >>

$3/card, no charge if the card doesn't meet minimum grade. >>

we call that the 4 sharp special