Home U.S. Coin Forum

Does the NEW Dansco Albums Tone Coins?

Their website says they dont? Are these different than previous versions?

Comments

• MowgliMowgli Posts: 1,219
    I have a lot of coins in Dansco albums and the only coins that seem to tone are the ones where the plastic insert didn't quite cover the coin and air got to it. Not a design problem; just carelessness on my part.
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
  • I am trying to see if there is any difference between the "folders" and "album."
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Their website says they dont? Are these different than previous versions? >>

Dansco has a website? I called them a couple of years ago when I was in Los Angeles...sorry, no vistors, no tours, no company store, no email address,
    don't want to hear any suggestions from anyone, no website and there never will be one....

Most incredibly rude Luddites I had ever talked with.

We wanted to suggest that the 7070 album could add the Liberty Cap copper coins and flowing hair dollar, remove some of the minor duplicates
    such as "arrows and rays" and motto-no motto Seated Dollar, and have a much more complete representative set that could be assembled for not much
    more money. (Whitman has always welcomed input from its dealers, BTW)

Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats to bad they was rude and crude frank. no sale there ( for what it is )
  • any other opinions?
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a set of 1986 to 2009 silver eagles in a Dancso album before I sold them in an "inert Dansco slipcover". The eagles, even in the inert slipcover, toned. It was the classic nice, purple and red rim toning but still-- the slipcover I'd hoped that would keep my eagles white didn't.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes they can tone a coin, so can Whitman's,
    the older one's at least

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the silver in my type set (older album) have really toned over the years. What to do, what to do?

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We wanted to suggest.... >>

"We" again? Synoptic, is that you posting as frank?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember Dansco is Daniel Stamp Company...something had to contribute to destroying stamp collecting...maybe it was their customer service. image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • KoveKove Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they still tone coins (at least the ones I bought a year ago), even with the "archival" slipcase. The only album I've found that doesn't tone coins is the Intercept Shield line.
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    how does one discern the 'new' from the 'old?

i see more toning in the albums (all silver) i look at regularly vs the ones i do not.
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • I meant, but was ineffective, to say albums vs folders.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I am reading, Dansco Albums do not tone coins. The tone comes from somewhere else image
  • wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭
    Dansco only has a place holder for a website and there has not be a change in materials used.
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>We wanted to suggest.... >>

"We" again? Synoptic, is that you posting as frank?

image >>

That's funny

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file