Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Possible scam re: 1986 Fleer Jordan RC

I found this auction a couple weeks ago while performing a search for graded Jordan RCs. At the time, I just put it on my watch list but didn't check until now to see if it actually sold. This is a potential new twist as I'm assuming that the buyer will likely try to put counterfeit MJ RCs in the Card Savers and try to pass them off as authentic but altered cards. While this type of card isn't something I'd be interested in, I can see someone getting taken simply because they are trying to buy a relatively cheap MJ rookie.

Beware!

1986 Fleer Jordan PSA Flips

Comments

• Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Wow that is fccked up
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Couldn't PSA simply wrap the flip over the top of the card-saver or over just over the opening to seal in the card. Then if it was cut/split you would know. Simple solution or am I missing something.

But yes this could be a scary situation if alot of these hit the market.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Anyone who buys a card because of a loose label with it without checking out the card kind of gets what they deserve. Remember buy the card not the label. image
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone who buys a card because of a loose label with it without checking out the card kind of gets what they deserve. Remember buy the card not the label. image >>

I always buy the label, who cares about the card.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    If you report the auction of the flips to PSA, they will have the auction taken down pretty quickly. I'm not sure what their legal position is but I forwarded an auction of flips to them a while back and it was down in no time.
  • Options
    The auction is over.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's