Home Sports Talk

New College football coaches

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who will be the new coach at

Penn State

Illinois

UCLA

Any guesses?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Even though it's a MAC school, Akron University has a head coaching vacancy also. Their head coach was fired this past Saturday (and three days later his mother died... ouch).

The reason why I bring this up is, Jim Tressel was "rumored" to be seen at the Akron Zips football stadium today.

I'm sure there is a high possibility that Tressel ends up at one of those places.
  • Mullen from Miss St to Penn St. Kirby Smart, Bama's defensive cord. to Miss St.

No facts to back me up, just a hunch.

Scoreboard Malfunction
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Even though it's a MAC school, Akron University has a head coaching vacancy also. Their head coach was fired this past Saturday (and three days later his mother died... ouch).

The reason why I bring this up is, Jim Tressel was "rumored" to be seen at the Akron Zips football stadium today.

I'm sure there is a high possibility that Tressel ends up at one of those places. >>

I can't imagine anyone wants the media scrutiny of bringing in JT. Possibly a smaller school, but still don't see it happening. Further, does he even want to coach again?
  • I think Akron is perfect. Tressel has had great success at the Big Ten level and at the 1-AA level. Akron is sort of in the middle. And we know he can recruit the heck out of that area. And Akron has hired former coaches of big name programs before (remember Gerry Faust?). The only way I don't see Tressel taking it is if he thinks he can get a bigger job somewhere. Maybe Mississippi State would hire him.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beckman looks to have been hired by Illinois

UCLA seems to have a candidate in Mora

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.