Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wrestling, boxing and other pretty random popage clay lampo and ric flair 1978 psa 9

This is prob my most random sub. I'm really bummed about the hogan only getting authentic but I'm very excited about the flair getting a 9 and the Cassius clay getting a 6. The n9 is 2005 panini Ronaldo card from Portugal. If anyone has information on this card that I could relay to psa to try to get them to slab it I would appreciat it

Updated with some scans. The Flair and Clay Valida will prob hit ebay. (sorry for crummy pics.. my scanner is down)

1 1 19297026 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 BROWN'S BOXING 62 EVANDER HOLYFIELD GOLD BORDER Card
2 1 19297027 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1965 COLLEZIONI LAMPO I GRANDI CAMPIONI 154 CASSIUS CLAY Card - Highest graded in this version

3 1 19297028 GOOD 2 1966 PANINI CAMPIONI DELLO SPORT 377 CASSIUS CLAY VALIDA Card Great looking 2 until you look at the back. Total pop on this card is only 5

4 1 19297029 VERY GOOD 3 1922-1923 THE CHAMPION 9 JACK DEMPSEY SPORTING CHAMPIONS Card

5 1 19297030 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT+ 4.5 1952 BOWMAN U.S. PRESIDENTS 6 JAMES MADISON Card
6 1 19297031 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989-1990 WWF SUPER STARS OF WRESTLING-SERIES 3 THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR - First one ever graded. Either a tough card to find or a card no one cares about.... but took me a while to track down

7 1 19297032 VERY GOOD 3 1926 LAMBERT & BUTLER WHO'S WHO IN SPORT (1926) 2 R.T. JONES Card
8 1 19297033 EXCELLENT 5 1974 PANINI SPORT VEDETTES 202 BJORN BORG SPORT VEDETTES Card
9 1 19297034 NEAR MINT 7 1996 FUTERA WORLD CUP CRICKET 34 SACHIN TENDULKAR Card
10 1 19297035 EXCELLENT 5 1930 JOHN PLAYER & SONS CRICKETERS 4 D.G. BRADMAN Card
11 1 19297036 N9: NOT GRADED NO SPEC INFO, NO GRADE VOUCHER Card
12 1 19297037 EXCELLENT 5 1975 S.T.I.G. SUPERSTARS SITCKERS 12 BRUCE LEE - Cool card but wish it wasn't over sized

13 1 19297038 N0: AUTHENTIC 1981 WRESTLING SUPER STARS G.C. LONDON PUBLISHING CORP. HULK HOGAN- gonna give BGS a shot for a number grade

14 1 19297039 MINT 9 1978 WRESTLING ANNUAL G.C. LONDON PUBLISHING CORP. RIC FLAIR - i don't know how much demand there will be for this. but i think its going to be really tough to get another 9 or 10 on this. Even if you find an uncut magazine it has to not have any yellowing and perfectly cut the paper thin stock. I think i got lucky with this one.

15 1 19297040 MINT 9 1988 WONDERAMA NWA WRESTLING SUPERSTARS 194 STING Card
16 1 19297041 MINT 9 1985 O-PEE-CHEE WWF PRO WRESTLING STARS-SERIES 2 6 THE BRITISH BULLDOGS Card
Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great selection of cards!

That is great that you got a British Bulldogs PSA 9. I have one and that is a tough card and a very cool one. The Pop is 2 so we know who has them.

I am glad the Sting worked out for you and that is a nice addition to any wrestling collection.

The 1978 paper wresting cards have never been graded so if those hit EBAY you may get some good eyeballs.

Nice going!
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    That is a great asortment of cards. I love collecting odd ball "rookie" cards too. The Browns Hollyfield is near the top of my list for cards I want to get signed in the future.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Dpeck, thanks for the sting card... Great transaction
    The hogan is a real tough handcut card because there are no defined borders. I'm not sure what psa is looking for on that one. Ill prob put the flair on ebay.. I'm not sure if I want to really get rid of it but I'm very interested in what the mkt value is. The clay lampo card is the highest graded. Its prob the most valuable card in my modest collection compared to most of the other board members... A bgs 3.5 I think sold for 1000 a few months ago.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I wanna see a scan of the slabbed Lampo Cassius Clay
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wanna see a scan of the slabbed Lampo Cassius Clay >>

Me too! That's a fantastic card! Great submission there.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>This is a great selection of cards!

That is great that you got a British Bulldogs PSA 9. I have one and that is a tough card and a very cool one. The Pop is 2 so we know who has them.

I am glad the Sting worked out for you and that is a nice addition to any wrestling collection.

The 1978 paper wresting cards have never been graded so if those hit EBAY you may get some good eyeballs.

Nice going! >>

You ever get into any more recent wrestlers like Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker or The Rock rookie cards? I think a 1988 Georgia Goldberg card would be sweet to have.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bunch of Brock Lesnar cards. What got me buying wrestling cards to begin with was when he was in the UFC I thought they seemed so cheap and bought both his wrestling and football cards. Then I remembered that I bought Topps WWF cards when I was a kid and then found the 1982 Wrestling All Stars Hogan and was hooked.

In general though there are very few relatively recent wrestling cards that are of any interest to me.

• Options
    I have the rock rookie and was pretty lucky and have the only psa 10. The only other wrestling that I'm looking for that I don't see often is 1985 road warriors card. I had one but ruined it when trying to straighten on of the edges (its handcut).

Ill post scans of the lampo once I get the cards back. I have the sub on hold while I make a last ditch effort to get a number grade on the hogan and find some specs on the ronaldo card that didn't grade.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    The Goldberg football card is pretty cool but the others do not have something unique or really rare curbing my interest in those other rookie wrestling cards.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Added some scans