Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Vintage Baseball or Football Pack Break Group????

Hi everyone!!! Just wondering if anyone here has done or is interested in doing a vintage baseball or football multi pack break????? I am new around here and just wondered if this is something that has been done before or can be done on here. I have participated in a few before on another site as has miconlegacy as well!!! Im just gauging interest at this point if anyone has interest in this and is not sure how it works I can explain.
Thanks
Eric

Comments

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    HI Eric,
    This is done all the time on this board. Boxes are purchased from Baseball Card Exchange and they ship them out when all payments are received. They are a lot of fun. I would be interested depending on the pack(s) and price.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Eric,

First off, welcome to the boards. Yes, we usually do one or two a month around here. Miconelegacy was organizing them for awhile, but as of late he has unfortunately not been able to. We still do them though, usually wax or cellos from '75-83 Baseball and '70s-'86 Football. Keep your eye on the board, there is always a thread for one popping up to guage interest in what product to break.

Cheers,
    Jarrod
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

<< <i>HI Eric,
    This is done all the time on this board. Boxes are purchased from Baseball Card Exchange and they ship them out when all payments are received. They are a lot of fun. I would be interested depending on the pack(s) and price.
    Thanks,
    Bob >>

Hi Bob
    Thanks for the reply. Im sorry I should have been more clear on this. What we have done on other sites is that someone hosts the break and pool money together. Example 10 guys at $80.00 each totaling $800.00 for packs/shipping supplies etc. Then purchase packs from bbce. Next random the names of the participants and then whomever hosts the break, will break the packs open via blogtv or youtube or whatever. So basically if you had say a 1968 5 cent pack to start, the random names would get card #1, the next random name would get card #2, etc.
    It sounds kina complicated but its not. Basically it allows you a change at some star cards/rookies from packs that most might not be able to purchase alone by themselves. If you get 10 or so guys/gals to do this between a few vintage packs you should net 5 or 6 cards.
    I hope this makes more sense now.
    Thanks again for the reply!!
    Eric
  • Options

<< <i>Eric,

First off, welcome to the boards. Yes, we usually do one or two a month around here. Miconelegacy was organizing them for awhile, but as of late he has unfortunately not been able to. We still do them though, usually wax or cellos from '75-83 Baseball and '70s-'86 Football. Keep your eye on the board, there is always a thread for one popping up to guage interest in what product to break.

Cheers,
    Jarrod >>

Jarrod
    Thanks for the reply as well. I should have been more clear in my original post. Please read above and see if this makes sense.
    Thanks
    Eric
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>HI Eric,
    Thanks,
    Bob >>

Hi Bob
    Thanks for the reply. Im sorry I should have been more clear on this. What we have done on other sites is that someone hosts the break and pool money together. Example 10 guys at $80.00 each totaling $800.00 for packs/shipping supplies etc. Then purchase packs from bbce. Next random the names of the participants and then whomever hosts the break, will break the packs open via blogtv or youtube or whatever. So basically if you had say a 1968 5 cent pack to start, the random names would get card #1, the next random name would get card #2, etc.
    It sounds kina complicated but its not. Basically it allows you a change at some star cards/rookies from packs that most might not be able to purchase alone by themselves. If you get 10 or so guys/gals to do this between a few vintage packs you should net 5 or 6 cards.
    I hope this makes more sense now.
    Thanks again for the reply!!
    Eric >>

I think this is what boxbreakers does on Youtube. I think it will be hard to get people on here to go for that. We once had someone organizing group rips who handled the packs and he ended up pulling the stars and resealing them before shipping the packs out. This was mostly 80s junk wax as well. You can imagine the temptation of tampering with a 60s pack. It's too easy to tamper with the video or pack for something like that. I think the only way that really works is if it's done live at the National with all participants present when the pack is opened. The other problem is a nickle pack from the 60s contains 5 cards. One with a wax stain and one with gum stains. So basically you have three good cards. Who gets stuck with the outer cards?
  • Options
    Did somebody say group break????

Man you guys have done some serious damage over at BBCE!!!

That's great I was looking at all your purchases. Awesome stuff!! I have like a dozen packages to open from the last 45 days or so, and today for the first time I got a little excited thinking about them.

Hopefully in January there will be some decent product around to kick the year off!!

I guess I'm back, working on some stuff to get to Rick.

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    @tm....welcome to the boards, I believe someone tried that before and it didn't get very many takers. One of the reasons, as stated ealerier, is tampering then the wax and gum card. I would consider but it would be tough for me to spend $80 on one random card when I can spend $400 and get them all. From experience, a 5 card pack may have 1-2 gradeable cards.

@micon.... January? There are a few 80's cello and wax cases I recently seen on the site. It's rather tempting BUT Christmas is coming and we shouldn't be splurging on ourselves.
  • Options
    gemint
    You are right with the groupbreakers it is crpalmi from boxbreakers that does this on youtube, as that is the break I was referring too... I hear what you are saying with tampering with the packs, as if this was a go it would have to be a long standing member that has perfect creds.... I understand this and that is alot of money to invest in this and to get ripped off..... crpalmi from youtube does a great job with this and is top class.... He manages a ton of other breaks on a different site and tries to do the vintage thing every other month and for me at least, I cant wait that long!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for your input I appreciate it

miconelegacy
    First off Mike, I want to say I am sorry about hearing of the passing of your wife... It looks like you have had a ton of support from all the great members on this site!!! Im glad to see you back and posting, hope all is starting to get better for you!!! Since you have been in crpalmis breaks about this, would this interest you here???

toro
    Thank You!!! Again as stated above, unfortunately its a risk at best. It is true that someone gets a card with a gum stain and some not so great centered cards, but being totally random, its fair for everyone involved!!
  • Options
    It would, I have participated in probably a dozen of Chris's. Mostly High end Football case breaks.. Chris did a vintage one not to long ago, and it was posted here, and ran through his website.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options

<< <i>It would, I have participated in probably a dozen of Chris's. Mostly High end Football case breaks.. Chris did a vintage one not to long ago, and it was posted here, and ran through his website. >>

Anyone else have any interest in this???????
  • Options
    Honestly, most people prefer the group rips set-up using BBCE. After all, the most enjoyable part is opening the packs up ourselves image Remember, the majority here love the older/vintage stuff because it brings back memories of our childhood. We didn't have YouTube, webcams or anyone open the packs for us!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Honestly, most people prefer the group rips set-up using BBCE. After all, the most enjoyable part is opening the packs up ourselves image Remember, the majority here love the older/vintage stuff because it brings back memories of our childhood. We didn't have YouTube, webcams or anyone open the packs for us! >>

+1

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    toro and ldferg
    I agree with you about opening the packs ourselves, just thought I would throw it out there for people to have a chance at a hgih dollar pack for a fraction of the cost.
    Thanks for your input....
    Maybe someone need to get a group break up and going..... im itching to bust old school