No words for this Ryan rookie... rounded corners, surface wear, o/c...wow
Ryan Rookie Overgrade
1975 Mini Collector
ebay id Duffs_Dugout
My Ebay Auctions

Comments

• Options
    DakilloDakillo Posts: 158 ✭✭
    I have a mini Ryan I'd like to put in front of that grader :-)
  • Options
    That's one I'm sure PSA would like to have back. I have a so-called PSA 7 1968 #32 Topps Hockey Dean Prentice. It's a tougher common and I really don't recall what I paid, probably $15 to $25 range. However, there's a nice big crease on the back rendering it more like a 3 or 4. I feel dumb throwing out something that I paid good money for but don't have the heart to stick someone else with it either and I really don't want to sell it for $5 so someone can turn around and sell it for $20 again. Perhaps like Black Friday or Cyber Monday, PSA could start an annual event where collectors destroy their most overgraded PSA cards, sort of a culling of the herd. Whaddya say Joe? Think of the marketing possibilities. - Kevin
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    There's a good reason why that card was scanned on a white background and the edges of the slab are cropped off. Dollars to donuts this card is in a tampered-with slab.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    I'd think that far more likely, than that being a legit grade. It is a recent flip too, so this might not be the first time the original has been through either.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Bret wouldn't intentionally hide/sell a tampered slab.

Here's where it sold the first time:

link

WCSports did a good job of hiding the surface issues in his scan, but the centering and edge wear are the same so I'm sure it's the same card.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Nice find. Props to the current seller for offering a far more clear scan. That said, wow...
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    IMO grading seems to be all over the place in the last couple years.Weak consistency.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>IMO grading seems to be all over the place in the last couple years.Weak consistency. >>

I have to agree. Along with the inconsistancies in grading, I've received more mislabels than normal.