Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 WWF O-PEE-CHEE Series II Randy Savage cards...

I just checked the pop reports today and someone subbed 56 cards from the WWF OPC Series II. There were 48 Macho Man Randy Savage cards with 25 of his base card graded and 23 of the Savage Attacks.

The submitter received four PSA 9's of his base card and no straight 9's of the Savage Attacks with fifteen PSA 9OC's. Many of these cards come severely off centered and with a severe tilt as well and I have 25 Savage Attacks and not one I think is really worth grading.

It is my belief that many of the cards in this set can't be found in a PSA 9. Cards such as King Kong Bundy, Jim The Anvil Neidhardt, Hercules Hernandez, Uncle Elmer are impossible to find remotely centered and there are many others.

Using it's sister set the 1985 Topps WWF set, 8's of most of the cards are really not worth grading. This set does not have a lot of true star power. Some of the base cards in an 8 might do okay but the action shots and cards of on air skits do not sell for much even in a PSA 9 in the Topps set. Currently there is not anyone really trying to build a registry set and I think the inability to get high grades in many of the cards may hold people back from pursuing this venture.

If anyone was wanting a nice Randy Savage rookie I would think in the next few weeks you will find some on EBAY.

I have about ten I was planning on grading but I need to really review them to make sure they are nice before sending in now that there is some supply in 7,8, 8.5, 9OC, and straight 9's.

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I just got a psa 9 on the british bulldogs card. I was pretty happy about that. The centering on many of these cards is brutal. I haven't seen a nice andre the giant battle royal card yet either. Any idea why topps or opc never made a card of just him in 85? I have to check my set to see if any the cards you mentioned have a shot at a 9
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It too seems odd to me that he did not have a main card in either set. Perhaps it was some contract issue. It is a real shame but it does indeed make the 1982 Wrestling All Stars Andre that much more desirable.