Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1962 Topps baseball Green Tint variations available in pics -- updated to include ALL cards in the s

(Also posted on the SC&M forum)

While I'm on vacation, one of my goals was to scan my 1962 Topps Master Registry baseball set and upload the scans. I thought I'd start out with the Green- and No-Tint variations, which run from cards 110 through 196. The Green Tints are on the right where PSA doesn't distinguish between the variations.

Here's a link to my Registry Set: 1962 Topps Master Set

It was quite a challenge finding the different variations, but once I figured out that, in addition to the color variation, there were also cropping variations, it was a fun search!

Check it out!

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Very nice.......There are not enough set registrants who spend the time to put pics in.....Bravo!!image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options

<< <i>....There are not enough set registrants who spend the time to put pics in...image >>

Thanks. You're right about not enough set owners sharing their collections. I was inspired by bobsbbcards and his pics.

I've always been curious if anyone else has all of the Green- and No-Tint variations. Have you heard of any other complete subsets??

• Options
    Thanks for including the pics. Numbers 117, 178 and 187 show how stark the contrast can be between the variations. PSA should've included the Gt variations from the start.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike, very nice!
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Thanks!

I was able to accomplish my goal for 2011 and get all of the cards scanned and uploaded. It "only" took me 3 days to do it!
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff Mike. The green tints and checklist variations in this set are fun and challenging
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>Good stuff Mike. The green tints and checklist variations in this set are fun and challenging >>

So true! Another site I frequent when possible, has some active research going on about the checklist variations. I may have found yet another variation as shown below. Note the different sizes of the numbers and names in relation to the check boxes. This may be a "small/large text" variation of the large print checklist 6! The graders focus on the "C"(hecklist) in the header to label it "large print" or "small print". I'll display the small print version below also.

Fun stuff!