Home Precious Metals
Options

Death knell for Euro?

The Euro appears to be headed to a well-deserved oblivion: Article.
The ensuing chaos should make the metals market quite interesting, to say the least.

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    will see what happens. politics is sure a strange thing
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont the Euro will disappear. Germany's economic engine depends on it.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that the puppetmasters are not limited to one country or one currency. Their reach (and influence) is global. The rest of the economic world will get their turn in the frying pan.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>I dont the Euro will disappear. Germany's economic engine depends on it. >>

Doubtful, at best.
    The Germans would be much better off dumping the Euro & going back to their own currency.
    The German people and, to a lesser degree the French, are getting tired of propping up the weak sisters in the Eurozone.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the French people, and to a lesser degree the German people, have enough of their own brothers to prop up in their own countries... poor demographics for a redistributionist/entitlement system

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I dont the Euro will disappear. Germany's economic engine depends on it. >>

Doubtful, at best.
    The Germans would be much better off dumping the Euro & going back to their own currency.
    The German people and, to a lesser degree the French, are getting tired of propping up the weak sisters in the Eurozone. >>

Germany is NOT run by the people, just like here.

if they left, yeah their currency would be strong and unlikely fail as far as their debt. however the German banks would still be holding their assets in euro. they (Germany) would have to then bail out their banks. their exports would collapse because the Mark would be so strong in relation to other countries.

it's also been researched that it would be cheaper for Germany to outright bail out Ireland, Portugal and Greece to follow through with secession from the EU and euro.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Doubtful, at best.
    The German people and, to a lesser degree the French, are getting tired of propping up the weak sisters in the Eurozone. >>

Sorry to be so blunt, but its quite obvious you dont know much about the intermarket relationships of the global currency market. Ask Switzerland how their "strong" currency treated them this summer. They are now #2 in the world carrying the deflation flag, right behind Japan.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear