Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

ah, the joys of the expected NEWP arrival

seller images. in hand: bit of the undertype visible.

I wonder what it'll look like, described as original surfaces light wear... I'm EXCITED.
I'm sure it'll take 2 weeks to get here... from Australia!

I'll post my images when it arrives, hopefully I'll be happy when it gets here.

Comments

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin! Waiting is the worst image
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice coin! Waiting is the worst image >>

so freakin' expensive to get a nice example, this one was in range with the profits from the liteside 25 anniversary ASE resale image

I see no abrasive to the fields though these images leave something to the imagination.
  • bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like a wonderful pickup. Ive gotten several coins from Australia, usually took about 10 days.

Got a Ancient on the way from the UK that seems to be taking forever but its only been 5 days image

I hate waiting but you have to admit, it makes its arrival all the more special.
  • mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    I recognise those photos anywhere. Richard at Ye Old Coin Co (about 5 miles from where I sit right now) always describes his coins very accurately. I am sure you'll be happy with your purchase from him.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.

<< <i>I recognise those photos anywhere. Richard at Ye Old Coin Co (about 5 miles from where I sit right now) always describes his coins very accurately. I am sure you'll be happy with your purchase from him. >>

it is TRULY a small world!!!! I found his website completely on accident, and was buying from him pretty much based on the impression I got based on my interaction with him, he seems like a true collector/dealer. It's nice to know of someone else who knows of him/ye olde coins image
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I am clueless with these! It's also nice to hear good things about dealers image

I too am waiting for a box.... Before I left Yokosuka (zip code 96350) I sent a registered package to my new duty station. It was entered into the main Yokosuka post office (96349) on AUGUST 10th. No updates and a couple unanswered queries later and yes, I am assuming the worst. I haven't checked in a little while, I figured I'd wait until after Thanksgiving...and lo and behold there has been an update! On NOVEMBER 20th my box was checked into 96347. Military Postal Center Yokohama. 3 months and at best 15 miles. Hmm, 5 miles a month. I think I will see the box in a bit over 110 years.

In any case, when I open it I will feel like I'm getting my coins all over again! Do I get to count them as newps? I was figuring I'd be replacing the contents...

Cathy

<< <i>Very nice! I am clueless with these! It's also nice to hear good things about dealers image

I too am waiting for a box.... Before I left Yokosuka (zip code 96350) I sent a registered package to my new duty station. It was entered into the main Yokosuka post office (96349) on AUGUST 10th. No updates and a couple unanswered queries later and yes, I am assuming the worst. I haven't checked in a little while, I figured I'd wait until after Thanksgiving...and lo and behold there has been an update! On NOVEMBER 20th my box was checked into 96347. Military Postal Center Yokohama. 3 months and at best 15 miles. Hmm, 5 miles a month. I think I will see the box in a bit over 110 years.

In any case, when I open it I will feel like I'm getting my coins all over again! Do I get to count them as newps? I was figuring I'd be replacing the contents...

Cathy >>

I never considered the Post an alternate long-term storage method image
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know! I mean, I put the slabs in Intercept boxes, but I never thought to have thrown dessicant inside! And honestly, much as I would be heartbroken over the coins, the photos and 'important papers' would hurt more if they never showed. And, if nothing else, the medals--sigh. My rotating-pregnant-belly Portuguese medal--so hard to find! I don't even have a picture of that one.

Cathy

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, nice coin!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

• << <i>I recognise those photos anywhere. Richard at Ye Old Coin Co (about 5 miles from where I sit right now) always describes his coins very accurately. I am sure you'll be happy with your purchase from him. >>

Hey, another Adelaide person! Small world, eh?

I'm currently waiting on a William III Farthing to arrive from UK. Talk about the perfect way to slow down time, order a coin from overseas.

Indeed.
    Stub
  • mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I recognise those photos anywhere. Richard at Ye Old Coin Co (about 5 miles from where I sit right now) always describes his coins very accurately. I am sure you'll be happy with your purchase from him. >>

Hey, another Adelaide person! Small world, eh?

I'm currently waiting on a William III Farthing to arrive from UK. Talk about the perfect way to slow down time, order a coin from overseas.

Indeed.
    Stub >>

Yes it is a small world image Packages from OS coming to Australia at this time of year seem to enter a different (and slower) space time continuum!
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin.
    CANT WAIT CANT WAIT

gotta reimage on my rig. hopefully it's as nice in hand as I suspect, trying to temper expectations.