Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Baltimore Purchases Parts I & II-Circulated Bust and Seated Coinage, Classic Gold & Gem Type

I have a small assortment of new coins listed below. These and all the other coins in my inventory can be seen on my website at www.tbnumismatics.com with inventory items added every few weeks. Shipping and insurance are paid for by me and all items may be returned within a two week (14-day) period for complete refund. Payment accepted by personal, bank or business check or money order, USPS money order and PayPal options. I prefer to avoid the use of PayPal with the fees that are associated with this option, but if it is required please let me know. Any questions may be asked within the thread or sent to me via PM or to my email address of tbush@tbnumismatics.com. Thank you for your time.

Additionally, at this time I am also offering an advanced notice email option whereby you may receive descriptions and prices of all new purchases after each major show or, in the event that a larger purchase is made between shows, as soon as I have a nice group of coins. Simply send me a PM with your email address or send an email requesting to be placed on the advanced notice list. I will not hammer you with emails or a sales pitch; only the occasional update to my site. Please note that you may have to add my email address to your contacts or friends folders in order to receive the email as intended.

1957-D Lincoln Cent PCGS MS66RB-Truly, the only reason to buy this coin is for the spectacular mint set toning that graces the piece. The reverse is an explosion of violet and green while the obverse is brassy with peripheral color. This is a whole can of money for a 1957-D cent, but it is mighty cool, too. $245.00

1915 Buffalo Nickel PCGS MS64 Two-Piece OGH- Simply a fabulous coin with medium-depth champagne color that has rings of more colorful toning migrating toward the centers. Don’t be fooled into thinking that because this is a P-mint coin that it is a generic. The 1915 is a much tougher issue to find in gem or near gem. This coin is a whole heck of a lot more eye appeal than the MS64 grade assigned and is priced with a modest premium along the lines of what a generic MS65 might cost. $425.00

1821 Capped Bust Dime ANACS VF30 Small White Holder-This is the small date variety and the coin is lovely as all get out. The surfaces are original and deeply toned with a thick, even skin. Reported mintage suggests this is a “generic” date, but nothing is generic about this series when one requires original, attractive coins. $365.00

1843-O Seated Liberty Dime ANACS VF30 Small White Holder-This is another of the batch of really beautiful, mid-grade dimes in small ANACS holders. This is also a much tougher coin that many folks can search mightily for without success if they want a piece with good surfaces. The coin compares favorably to the recently auctioned PCGS VF25, which sold in excess of $1,250, and would be a gem in a circulated set. $1,350.00

1858-O Seated Liberty Dime ANACS EF45 Small White Holder-Lovely! Sometimes it is easy to describe a coin and here is one of those instances. A difficult coin to find nice since so many pieces appear to have been “spiffed up” at some point in the past. $235.00

1818 Capped Bust Quarter PCGS EF40-The quarter denomination is far more difficult to obtain with meat and any form of original surfaces than the larger half dollar denomination, yet most collectors never take up the challenge to find one or two examples for type purposes. The present coin is generally grey, but it has color in the toning around the obverse rim with more on the lower portion of the reverse. There is also retained luster along the obverse devices and over much of the reverse perimeter. This is a deceptively scarce coin that can fly under the radar. $1,575.00

1855-O Seated Liberty Quarter PCGS F15 w/Arrows- Here is a coin that certainly appears to be finer than the F15 grade assignment. This is an extremely scarce coin that is by far the most difficult w/Arrows quarter to obtain. It would be difficult to improve upon the pristine surfaces of this example. ON HOLD

1857-O Seated Liberty Quarter PCGS VF25- Beautiful, original grey surfaces and a very strong mintmark make this coin a visual treat. VF bid is $45; I’ll take a boatload of coins like this at that price. $165.00

1877-S Seated Liberty Quarter NGC EF45 S/S- The slab is not designated as the S/S, but the coin is guaranteed to be the S/S variety. The surfaces are a fairly dark auburn with no impairments at all. This is a tougher variety in higher circulated grades. $345.00

1897-O Barber Quarter NGC VG8-This is a great look for a VG coin with full rims, good grey and brown color and portions of “LIB…RTY” showing in Ms. Liberty’s headband. Price buyers may be scared off to see that this coin is 60% over Greysheet ask, but then again that is only about a $30 premium for this very scarce coin. $85.00

1948 Washington Quarter PCGS MS67/CAC- Although I adore the Washington quarter series, I find that not many representatives make it onto my site. This coin has a wonderful look with both the obverse and reverse sporting a light tint of blue or lilac while the obverse also has a much darker crescent of color above the portrait. Many of this date in the super-gem grades are actually quite dull, but this coin has retained a muscular, lustrous look. $785.00

1949 Washington Quarter PCGS MS67/CAC- Years of studying Washington quarters come in handy with appreciating this coin as I have found it exceptionally difficult to find a truly superb 1949 quarter that also has terrific color. This coin is destined to be the highlight of someone’s quarter collection. $1,150.00

1827 Capped Bust Half Dollar ANACS EF45 Small White Holder-A true gem of a circulated coin with good color featuring a grey-auburn base and some highlights of mild green as well as thick skin and retained gunk. This coin has a wonderful look for the series. There is no die marriage attribution on the holder, but the coin appears to be an O.117, which is an R3. $285.00

1868 Seated Liberty Half Dollar ANACS EF45- A medium-grey coin that looks as though it might have had some PL qualities at one point, this is actually a fair bit tougher as an issue than one might initially think. $325.00

1937 Walking Liberty Half Dollar PCGS MS65- It is quite difficult to find WLHs with terrific color and even more of a bear to find them with great luster, too. This coin has delightful golden-peach color washing across the obverse with similar toning on the reverse that additionally has much more color near the rims. Technically, the surfaces of this piece are all there, too. If you aspire to purchase a single superb WLH or are building a wonderfully toned set then this coin merits serious consideration. $495.00

1846-O Seated Liberty Dollar NGC AU53- This is a very pleasing example with strong mintmark and nice surfaces of the first New Orleans dollar. All Seated dollars that are not dipped, scrubbed or otherwise abused might be thought of as underpriced given the terrific yolk of battered examples around their collecting necks. $2,375.00

1847-C Liberty Half Eagle PCGS EF45- Very crusty, smooth surfaces with excellent patina are featured on this coin along with substantial remaining design details. No motto gold is cool; Charlotte mint gold is cooler; no motto Charlotte mint gold with great patina is coolest. ON HOLD

1848-C Liberty Half Eagle PCGS EF45-An original skin, pre-Civil War No Motto coin with retained crud, lots of remaining meat, good color and a Southern mint issue. That is quite a lot to ask from a coin and it is delivered in this piece. Doug Winter suggests that the 1848-C with good eye appeal is an extremely difficult coin to find and worthy of a strong premium. Well, you found one, but the premium isn’t strong. $2,595.00

1853 Liberty Half Eagle(s) PCGS EF40/CAC OGH-A delightful half eagle in an OGH. The coin has original surfaces with variations in the color of orange and gold. My favorite way to buy gold bullion is to buy CAC evaluated, classic gold in OGHs since they have a high basal value and a terrific numismatic coolness factor. $585.00

1886 Liberty Half Eagle NGC MS62/CAC-A very flashy, accurately graded, strictly mint state classic gold coin with CAC certification for not all that much over the bullion content. ON HOLD

1895 Liberty Half Eagle PCGS MS63- I really enjoy classic gold with a powdery appearance and this coin has such a look. It is not a heavily abraded coin and the light does not glisten off of it in all directions to call out the various hits and nicks. Rather, the surfaces are blanketed by a soft pumpkin glow. I like this look. $1,165.00

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Comments