Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1953 Coronation Crown

Are there 2 different reverses on this coin? I noticed mine has a globe under the cross in the center of the coin and one pictured on the Registry set has a square design there.

Ron

Mine is the top one.

Here are a few more pictures I took of the 53 crown I just received. Excuse my bad photography skills.

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be blind as I see no big differences and looked for quite a while - both look like glob(e)s! I am wondering if this could be die wear?

BTW check the edge lettering if you haven't yet as it's blundered on some; I got one off eBay that was completely blundered for very cheap.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

<< <i>Must be blind as I see no big differences and looked for quite a while - both look like glob(e)s! >>

The one I was referring to as looking square is the second picture from the top under the double image. This picture is off the Registry Set of someone. All the other pictures are of the same coin. I downloaded the picture to my computer onto My Documents and increased the size. I might be seeing things but the part I am speaking of is between the crown and the cross in the center of the coin looks square or rectangular in shape. It just made me curious as to if there are two different reverses for this coin.

Ron
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ron,
    Will try to look at my coins this PM as I have a variety of 53s.
    I also had edited my earlier response just after you wrote yours.
    Best,
    E
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Like I said I was just curious to the difference I think I see on the 2 coins.

Thanks,
    Ron