Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

how cool ... I was just watching Trashopolis, re: paris

and they highlighted to 19th cent overhaul of the city sanitation systems to help alleviate the dark-ages style disease factories they had goin on, and then I remembered the jeton I snapped up from FB!!

you know, having brothers as plumbers they constantly remind me what modern life would be like without proper sanitation systems, any large gathering of humans would become self-limiting because of rampant disease and sickness..

Noble Sanitation Efforts.. preserved in silver!

btw, I highly recommend the smithsonian channels trashopolis series image

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Noble Sanitation Efforts.. preserved in silver! >>

Nobody commemorates getting rid of "noble" horses:
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hadn't heard of the TV series.

Great jeton. They sure knew how to design and engrave stuff back then, eh?

I know I've seen the obverse before, but don't recall seeing the reverse. Was that obverse paired with several different reverses?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Hadn't heard of the TV series.

I know I've seen the obverse before, but don't recall seeing the reverse. Was that obverse paired with several different reverses? >>

I've also seen the obverse before on a bronze medal or two, but you can't beat the silver look and that Marianne has to be my absolute favorite. I just love looking at it!image
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hadn't heard of the TV series.

I know I've seen the obverse before, but don't recall seeing the reverse. Was that obverse paired with several different reverses? >>

I have seen the same medal text on other medals image

and unless you see this thing in hand you have no idea of the relief... well, FB does image