Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Any collector car fans out there?

Well its about that time of the year for me when I have to put my toys away for the winter. Anyways just thought I'd post a couple photos of my 1973 Roadrunner for any car enthusists that may be lurking. Thanks for looking.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Nice. I have 4 vintage cars, probably 3 more than I need.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    is that the Starsky & Hutch car?..... Nice ride.
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Great car. Detroit's little way of thumbing its nose at OPEC during the "oil shortage" of the day.

By the way, former (9/78-9/79) editor of Old Cars Weekly newspaper here.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>is that the Starsky & Hutch car?..... Nice ride. >>

The cars used in S&H were 1975 and 1976 Ford Gran Torinos.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Classic cars - one of my passions in life. Below are a couple of my babies...

1950 Jaguar XK-120

1947 Triumph 1800 Roadster (finished a 5-year frame off restoration in 2010)

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Well its about that time of the year for me when I have to put my toys away for the winter. Anyways just thought I'd post a couple photos of my 1973 Roadrunner for any car enthusists that may be lurking. Thanks for looking.

Jeff

image >>

I'm a muscle car junkie. Looks great!
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Hi guys thanks for all your responses. Canjond those are some beautiful cars!!! True classics in every sense. I can't imagine restoring something like that. Parts would be impossible to find. I'd love to see some more pictures if anyone would like to share. Ron Burgandy what do you have?
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is one of my two 1966 Barracudas. I have a second that I am working on but am trying to find a pic. I will post it too when I find it.

-Claude

• Options
    i want a '47 triumph roadster!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words and you're spot on regarding parts. On the '47, quite a few had to be custom machined from the original broken parts or drawings... just not enough around. The dashboard was actually made by an Amish craftsman in upstate NY using the original, broken dash as the template.

Although not quite a car, and certainly not a classic, I'm also a big motorcycle guy. My absolute favorite is my GSX-R...

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, saw this thread come up just when a story I shot and edited just aired on classic cars. There's is a huge car museum finishing construction in Tacoma Washington that will include a massive car colllection from the late Harold Lemay. It opens in June but we got a sneak peak at some of the cars on display there and the four levels of storage area for hundreds of cars. Not a car guy myself but I was very impressed. The story is below. Take care. Doug

Tacoma Car Museum
  • Options
    All of these are in our family

1927(?) Model T:

1968 Mustang:

Also have a 1966 Ford Fairlane but no pics with me at work....
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All of these are in our family

1927(?) Model T:

1968 Mustang:

Also have a 1966 Ford Fairlane but no pics with me at work.... >>

Nice ratrod Mr. keepitwarm. That things chopped so low I don't think i'd even fit in it. That Mustang looks bada$$! You've obviously spent some time at the dragstip in that one.
  • Options
    JustusJustus Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    The 120 is a beauty. My father has his 54 XK140 FHC sitting next to the house in the backyard. Took it apart in 1978 to overhaul it. Ended up not putting it together. It's a shadow of its former self, but the early 50s XKs are beautiful.

<< <i>Classic cars - one of my passions in life. Below are a couple of my babies...

1950 Jaguar XK-120

>>

• Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Although not a "classic" my 2006 Corvette is my other passion. I would love to someday own a '66 Vette. Actually, I would like to own one from every generation.

image:
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1927(?) Model T:
    >>

Love that Rat Rod! Nice touch with the newspaper box! lol
  • Options
    Yea, speaking of the newspaper box...if anyone here happens to have an old metal Detroit News box, I am willing to pay for it! I've been looking for one to surprise my dad with for a long time. He's making due with the 1970's plastic one now, but he really wants the old, 1950's metal box.

It's a longshot, but I've got cash ready and waiting if anyone has one.

The 1968 Mustang is my younger brothers car.

Here is a pic of my 1966 Ford Fairlane 390

South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    This sits in my garage waiting for me to get enough money to at least drive it around:

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001