Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My Cracker Jack Milestone

After 4.5 years of searching, I've finally reached my 1915 Cracker Jack centennial. I've used this holiday weekend to upload scans to the registry and now it's time to watch my 'Die Hard' box sex.

Only 76 more cards to go...
Always looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks in a uniform PSA 3 (NQ)

psacard.com/psasetregistry/publishedset.aspx?s=223023&ac=1

Comments

• Oops....

Still instane image

That's insane...

Wow good luck on completing that!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    THAT SET, my friend, is very impressive! Good luck with the rest of them.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seeing some of those graded "3" with "pop 1" higher...

That's insane...

Wow good luck on completing that! >>

Sean:

Take a closer look. Some of them are pop 1's for the grade, but certainly not "Pop 1" higher. The 1915 set was available as a mail-in redemption in addition to being inserted in CJ's, so they are available without the stains common on those inserted in boxes. The 1914 set was, as far as I know, exclusively available in box-insertion form and is much tougher to locate in high grade.

Regardless, over 50% complete is quite an accomplishment. Good luck to the OP on the continued pursuit of the set... It is a classic!
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    Sean you got me to look at the partial set image I knew something was way off when you said only 1 card higher than a 3 lol

like OTW just said, E145-2 cards are very common overall. E145-1 cards are a different story

Scout, Very nice even set going there, the perfect grade to work on too, 3s have nice eye appeal and are obtainable to the average collector who doesnt own 2+ houses and a yacht.

The Jackson will be a killer though ;(
  • I'm sure it will be, which is why me and the Mrs. will be living outta my car until I find one...lol. So far, I've found the 3s to be affordable -- relative to high-grade 50s cards -- but where I've been having the most trouble is finding the dang things! There are only about 700+ PSA 3s in the Pop Report, and who knows how many of those are actually still slabbed? As you can see, I've had to make use of the Crossover feature and raw submission quite a few times, but I've had plenty of flops, as well. It's been completely awesome, though, trying to hunt these guys down and the search continues.

• << <i>

<< <i>Seeing some of those graded "3" with "pop 1" higher...

That's insane...

Wow good luck on completing that! >>

Sean:

Take a closer look. Some of them are pop 1's for the grade, but certainly not "Pop 1" higher. The 1915 set was available as a mail-in redemption in addition to being inserted in CJ's, so they are available without the stains common on those inserted in boxes. The 1914 set was, as far as I know, exclusively available in box-insertion form and is much tougher to locate in high grade.

Regardless, over 50% complete is quite an accomplishment. Good luck to the OP on the continued pursuit of the set... It is a classic! >>

I see what you are saying... Shows you how much I use the registry lol!
  • i have always loved this set!!! way to go!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Congrats! Always nice to see a good guy keep at a project and make solid progress!
  • As long as you're leading me on the Registry, Stormsurge, I won't rest until I've collected every last card...lol. I sure appreciate the support, though!

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! Some of those cards look beautiful. That Larry Doyle has super eye appeal. Home Run Baker looks nicer than a 3 as well.image

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
  • Make that 101 and counting....

Only 75 more cards to go...

Submission #720589
    1 19283189 VERY GOOD 3 1915 CRACKER JACK 16 HOWIE CAMNITZ