Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

So how much do you British Collectors think this will go for?

1884 Bun Head 1/2 d in PF68RB?

Linky

Do you think $6-8,000 is too much?

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure- it really depends on so many factors

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeff - No way!
    IMO this is about 1500 - 1800 USD
    Would have to see this in hand as I have seen a number of 66s and even Proof 65s that likely are of similar quality
    Lately have seen som TPG slabs (no names mentioned)
    where a 62 & 63 were "nasty" gems bringing to mind the old maxim : buy the coin not the slab.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I spoke with Bruce, who catalogued these, and he's thinking it's awfullly good. In any case, if it only goes for $1500-1800 I know where you will be able to visit it. image
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    It's going to fetch more than $1500-$1800
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Who knows? If it is truly accurately graded with superb surfaces, then it could quite easily top $4k

Lately, one-of-a-kind quality has rocketed past the MOON! If I still had all my 'blue babies' I'd consider a shot a this POR.

BTW, it looks like the completed catalog should be done in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's going to fetch more than $1500-$1800 >>

I think you should buy it!!! image
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Bruce said he will have the rest of the British signature coins finished tomorrow, and expects the catalouge to be complete online in about 10 days. There is one more piece I feel like I have to bid on but we won't discuss it here.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys might be not reading what I am saying - I have seen some SUPERIOR halfpennies in 65 & 66, so that they are out there. I saw an unslabbed 1881 with rosette brooch, mintage 2 with NO marks under 10x as an example; also many of the 75H and 76H coins in specimen/proof of superior quality. I tend to find these "supergraded" coins to not necessarily be better than other coins graded a point or two less, or indeed some not even graded. These have gone for 600-800 pounds.

PS I saw the recently slabbed PCGS Specimen65 Churchill and could find nothing keeping it out of a 67 or maybe even 8 holder under glass and good lighting.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.