Home Sports Talk
Options

What would have happened to Suh if he knocked Rodgers out for the season illegally?

The way I see it, Suh did not get his money's worth if he was intending to get fined and suspended.

What the heck, why not just target Aaron Rodgers with a massive late hit and rip his head off.

Could you have imagined what would have happened if Rodgers was carried off on a stretcher, and GB did not have him for an indefinite period of time?

Hypothetical?

Comments

• Options
    Joe "Turkey" Jones did something similar to that to Terry Bradshaw. Suh is a punk and he will continue to push his luck until someone makes him pay.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    The plays was away when Suh was blocked to the ground. It was over when they started tussling on the ground and the pushing, shoving and kicking started. I dont see him hitting any quarterback late to intentionally hurt him. If you want a real answer, see what happened to the defenders that kncoked out Carson Palmer and Tom Brady.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the NFL trying to protect their players from high risk hits (penalties are given to even some clean hits if they are deemed to hard or player vulnerable) I am surprised that in an instance like this a player should get a big suspension, three or four games.

I also wonder what would happen if a marquee player like Rodgers was intentionally injured.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I am a SUH fan however he crossed the line this time.Not only will the NFL impose a suspension the Lions management ought to suspend him also.This was about as bad as it gets.There were tough players back in the day like Jack Tatum,Johnny Sample,Chuck Bednarik,and Hardy Brown,Night Train Lane however I would classify them as just being very agressive football players.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am a SUH fan however he crossed the line this time.Not only will the NFL impose a suspension the Lions management ought to suspend him also.This was about as bad as it gets.There were tough players back in the day like Jack Tatum,Johnny Sample,Chuck Bednarik,and Hardy Brown,Night Train Lane however I would classify them as just being very agressive football players. >>

This was "about as bad as it gets"? Seriously? This was worse than Jim McMahon being bodyslammed? Worse than Albert Haynesworth stomping on a guy's FACE? Worse than any number of cheap head shots on wide receivers?

Good grief, people. Yes, it was bad. Yes, it deserves a suspension. But try not to exaggerate, ok?

Tabe