Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody want to hoard 31.5% of Albert Pujol's 2001 Donruss Elite Card?

Comments

• Options
    Thats insane lol
    Collector of anything and everything of the Dallas Cowboys
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Crazy, looks like someone is still hording the BGS 9.5/ PSA 10's though!
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    This collection isn't from that guy that used to (maybe still does) post on these boards, is it?
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    "Estimate: $150,00 or more."

Wow.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    Plus, don't forget the 19.5% buyer's premium added on top of that!
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Might take some detective work to find such person .---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    I expect this to get about $45-50k for a decent resale. Any higher than $65k and it is a collector.
  • Options
    wonder if the sale coincides with HGH testing next year. I love watching him play even though he kills my 'Stros. I was surprised to learn he actually has more HR's against the Cubs than the Astros. Didn't think that was possible as it seems he homers in every at bat against Houston. I've always been hesitant to collect his rookie card. He's obviously the best offesive player going, but I've always wondered how much is attributed to "vitamins". Fun to watch regardless.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe Fandango is selling his collection... or his going to buy them!? He has to be involved, right!? Hopefully selling becuse that is just foolish money for a modern card collection. FOOLISH!
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    I like him but I don't like him THAT much!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Might take some detective work to find such person .---- Sonny >>

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    $65K may be tops, I honestly don't think it will go that high. High grade examples from this set don't sell for $500-, all the best examples have been pulled, and Pujols simply does not have a huge following in the way that Jeter or others do.

Great cards, for sure, but I can't think of a dealer out there who would enjoy sitting on this much quantity.

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Up to $100k already...
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Up to $100k already... >>

Nope.

It's $100K, with reserve not met, which means to me that they jacked up the bid to the last bid under the reserve amount. I don't think it is a "real" $100K bid, but more of an attempt to get one more bid so that the lot actually sells.

Wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    BOGUS
  • Options
    I felt this worth another look since the auction ends today. It's at $119,500.00.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$65K may be tops, I honestly don't think it will go that high. High grade examples from this set don't sell for $500-, all the best examples have been pulled, and Pujols simply does not have a huge following in the way that Jeter or others do.

Great cards, for sure, but I can't think of a dealer out there who would enjoy sitting on this much quantity.

M >>

Define high grade please? I'd shell out $500 for a PSA 10 or BGS 9.5 (with 9.5 & 10 subgrades) for this card every chance I could. I think I paid somewhere in the ballpark of $400 for my PSA 9 copy... and felt lucky winning that one! This isn't a low-rent set issue as your post implies, quite the contrary. Sans the incredibly difficult to find Ultimate Collection, this is easily one of the highest demand/cost non-auto Pujols RC's out there. Certainly, that could have to do with the fact that supply is constrained by the existence of this hoard... but high grade (as I define) goes for well in excess of $500. I know I was outbid the last time a PSA 10 came up on eBay, can't recall the exact final price, but it was over $1K.
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    How do you put that crazy pile of cards back in to the hobby with out taking a bath? sell one a year?Once word gets out that they are being sold wont the value drop quickly?
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be more worried about PEDs OR some other problem that might befall Puhols.

Look at values of players that either tested positive or had an affair (Boggs, Puckett, Garvey). Not to mention just the rumor/accusation of PEDs (Clemens, Bagwell). This is a very risky investment.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Auction went unsold.

Obvious.....I knew it wouldn't sell anywhere near that number.

And my answer is price them competatively and put them on ebay one after another until each is sold.

You CAN find 300 pujols collections, it is difficult to find a buyer for all of those 300 pujols collectors
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>How do you put that crazy pile of cards back in to the hobby with out taking a bath? sell one a year?Once word gets out that they are being sold wont the value drop quickly? >>

Yet another reason I won't touch modern with a ten foot pole. All cards are subject to the same rules, but modern is a more artificial market IMO than Beanie Babies ever were.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq