Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANACS 1981 - For those that like this stuff

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just posting the images for people that are into this kind of item

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Comments

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Neat folder that it is in...image
    Becky
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm into those. Interested in parting with it?

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what cha have in mind?

lets keep it in pm though as this isn't the bst

thanks

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaned or not that's cool!! Wonder if it was an X=-mas present to himself - Mr. Eger
    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few old ANACS photo certs with matching coins. Neat!
  • Options
    bob48bob48 Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    I Like the Photo Certs I have been collecting them for a few years now. Got a good collection of them comming along. No gold just too expensive.
    Bob
    Bob

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    imagebob48
    Becky
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    image and please forgive the drool. image I've always been a big fan of the older anacs holders (white ones) and I think I'd collect these photo certs, it's just trying to find the right coin.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Neat folder that it is in...image >>

I can't remember who made those folders. We did not use them.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The folder looks like a Harco product. They were best know as the distributors of Blue Ribbon Coin Conditioner.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That coin was graded 30 years ago to the day!
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome! DorkGirl

I have some of those old folders. 2 of the same color (Lite brown) as the first post from LanceNewmanOCC and 3 of the darker brown, there is no name or info at all on it. I have been looking for the holders and folders, People remember them but don't remember where they threw them, sold or slabbed the coin. And the holders are hard to find.
    Dated 12-23-81 is a type 4 certificate that is noted for being cleaned, I thought that was done much later in the photo certs time line. I will update my notes now.
    Photo Cert is 30 Years old to the day.
    Bob
    Bob

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Neat folder that it is in...image >>

I can't remember who made those folders. We did not use them.

TD >>

I have a December 1984 issue of "The Numismatist" and on page 2687 there is a advertisement for Capital Plastics with that folder in the picture, a 1/2 page ad. But the coin is in the Capital Plastics Plexiglas holder and in the pocket of the folder. Don't think they made the folder thou but it seems they could have supplied them.
    Bob
    Bob

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file