Home Precious Metals
Options

anyone heard of...

Coins N things silver bars? My local assayers are selling the 10oz bars, but I've never heard of them. Worth getting?
"If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Coins N things silver bars? My local assayers are selling the 10oz bars, but I've never heard of them. Worth getting? >>

Only if you feel your future buyers can answer that question with a "yes."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Coins N things silver bars? My local assayers are selling the 10oz bars, but I've never heard of them. Worth getting? >>

Only if you feel your future buyers can answer that question with a "yes." >>

Well said...
  • Options
    Thta's what I'm trying to guage. If they are a third rate brand it's probably not worth it.
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • Options
    GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    Coins N Things is CNT which is a huge bullion player out of Boston. I do not know that they ever produced their own product like bars but they might have. Try calling them at 508-697-9600 and ask.
  • Options

<< <i>Thta's what I'm trying to guage. If they are a third rate brand it's probably not worth it. >>

The questions/reluctance you are having will more than likely be the same for your future pool of buyers. A premium on better known products pays for itself when you resell. All PMs will be resold, either by you or by your heirs.

• Options
    That assumes my future buyers are PM novices like myself. If this is a good brand, I wouldn't know hence asking the experts on the boards.
  • Options
    never heard of coins and things silver bars, probably an in-house production.

• Options
    I don't know much about the various mints and such, but I'm curious what it looks like. Do you happen to have a picture of it?
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • Options
    Coins N things supplies the US mint with GOLD... so there silver bars are good
  • Options

<< <i>Coins N things supplies the US mint with GOLD... so there silver bars are good >>

link to source of info?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are an authorized Mint Distributor of silver bullion. We learned this during the 5 oz ATB silver bullion coin rollout. I don't know about supplying gold to the Mint, but I did just read an article about CnT and I do believe it mentioned them as a gold supplier. It was a very recent article - if I can find it again, I will link it.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BeeManBeeMan Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I just read about it in Numismatic News. I never heard of them before either.

firm-sells-1-86-billion-in-gold-to-mint
    Watch the mirror count the lines
    The battle scars of all the good times
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I brokered that 3,500 ounce gold bar collection for a customer about two years ago, we shipped the bulk of it to CNT. If I were still working, I would buy in CNT silver bars without hesitation.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.