Home Sports Talk
Options

Legend Auction Results

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
Unsure if this was previously posted. Poetic justice for one legend.

Dr J of the NBA

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for him. One of my all time favorite atheletes.

Looks like he kept his 1983 NBA ring, which he probably treasures more than the other stuff.

• Options
    Actually, he did sell the 1983 NBA ring in this auction, and it went for ~244K.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Dr. J. was one of my favorites, especially when he played for the New YORK Nets. I used to work at the coliseum where the Nets played and saw just about all the games when he was there. He was always a very nice guy.

Looks like he got into some financial trouble (a couple of foreclosures). I hope this money will be able to bail him out.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Dr. J. was one of my favorites, especially when he played for the New YORK Nets. I used to work at the coliseum where the Nets played and saw just about all the games when he was there. He was always a very nice guy.

Looks like he got into some financial trouble (a couple of foreclosures). I hope this money will be able to bail him out. >>

Dr. J was seen many a times at Atlantic City back in the day. I hope that snake is still not biting him. He and Charles
    Barkley have two things in common.