Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Will Clark Items

Hey guys.

I've been pretty quiet lately. Got married and haven't had much luck picking up many Will Clark items in the last few months.

I know I posted this before, but I thought I'd do so again because it's truly unique and something I really love. Anyway, my wife invited Will to our wedding. Although he did not attend, he did return the response card with his own 1988 Topps card which he personalized for us. I really like that he wrote his name on the response card, as opposed to signing an autograph. The difference may not be dramatic, but it's obvious to those of us who are fans.

In addition to that gem, I also managed to add this one to my collection recently:

From what I can tell, this set is really rare. I've see Juan Gonzalez collectors go nuts for their guy. Amazingly, the seller had TWO of them in the same lot.

Just the latest oddities for a player collector...

Comments

• Options
    I saw a post by you this afternoon and your picture took me instantly back to 1988 chasing those 87's

Thank You
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Drew

Again - congratulations and thanx for sharing the signed items - they'll go great with your collection - and I'm sure a true rarity!

I've never seen the Crayola card before - very nice.
    Mike
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've never seen the Crayola card before - very nice. >>

I've also never seen them. Thanks for sharing.

I saw your original post with the invitation and it is a really cool item. Congrats again!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    JustusJustus Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I saw these just the other day. Can't see any Clark and the seller doesn't mention any being in the lot.
    Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Who cares about will clark....major disappointment...nice swing but that's about it in my book. chaz
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    One of the best non-steroid players of the steroid era.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw these just the other day. Can't see any Clark and the seller doesn't mention any being in the lot. >>

Yeah, that group has been on Ebay for the last couple months. Until those showed up, I had only seen one other example. I don't know how these were distributed, but they are among the more difficult Will Clark issues from the 80s-90s. I'm thrilled to have not just one, but two!

I only got these because I had to get up crazy early one day, at like 3:30 in the morning, so I was the first to see the Buy It Now. I'm sure they wouldn't have lasted more than a few hours even without my early alarm...
  • Options

<< <i>One of the best non-steroid players of the steroid era. >>

Agreed, along with Mark Grace - I enjoyed watching both of these guys play.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One of the best non-steroid players of the steroid era. >>

*Allegedly.
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Thats awesome that he sent back the reply card.

In 1993 I invited Shaq and Darryl Strawberry to my Bar Mitzvah. No response from the Straw, but a nice signed 8 X 10 from Shaq was sent back.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Who cares about will clark....major disappointment...nice swing but that's about it in my book. chaz >>

I hereby nominate Chaz as Asshat of the Day.

that's a pretty darn cool item for your collection Drew. Not even close to as stalkerish as the Mark Grace collector's wedding napkin, either.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hereby nominate Chaz as Asshat of the Day.

<< <i>

PSA 10

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Greg Maddux cares about that swing, Chaz.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Greg Maddux cares about that swing, Chaz. >>

Maddux HATES that swing.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Greg Maddux cares about that swing, Chaz. >>

Maddux HATES that swing. >>

i didn't say he cares a lot. image
  • Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    and here I thought I was the only person to use the term "asshat".....awesome....LOL
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i><< Greg Maddux cares about that swing, Chaz. >>

Maddux HATES that swing. >>

i didn't say he cares a lot. >>

Will Clark should show up to Maddux's HoF induction. I think Maddux might pee just a little tiny bit.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    RudedawgRudedawg Posts: 345 ✭✭
    New here, but just ran across this thread. As a Will Clark fan, that is AWESOME. Great thing to have in the collection. I would have literally screamed like a girl if my wife had done something like that, very cool man!!!
    Currently collecting PSA graded:

1991 & 1992 Fleer Pro Visions
    1952 Topps
  • Options
    Great card, I was just thinking about narrowing my collection. I grew up in the Bay Area, so the A's and Giants were a good part of my childhood. The Thrill was also. I'd like to meet him one day.