Home Sports Talk
Options

Joe Paterno has Cancer

Say what you will about the Scandal (I think he was SOOO wrong and his dismissal was justified IMO) ... BUT

I'm praying for ya Joe and hope you beat it.
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    Karma can be a real biznitch.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treatable lung cancer according to his son. Joe Pa has had a bad couple of weeks. I wish him well with his cancer. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Read something about JoePA "selling" /giving his wife their home for $1.00 - people were saying it was because he knew about the sex scandle. I thought that was BS. It makes sense now with him having cancer. He was getting his "ducks in order" if you will.

Good luck to you Joe Pa

Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    He definitely deserves a better fate than this...
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Sounds like they are indeed looking for some sympathy swaying out of this, here is a quote from his son...

"As everyone can appreciate, this is a deeply personal matter for my parents, and we simply ask that his privacy be respected as he proceeds with treatment," Scott Paterno said"

If privacy were your goal, then why announce it?

Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like they are indeed looking for some sympathy swaying out of this, here is a quote from his son...

wow...if you think this

"As everyone can appreciate, this is a deeply personal matter for my parents, and we simply ask that his privacy be respected as he proceeds with treatment," Scott Paterno said"

If privacy were your goal, then why announce it? >>

Because the media spotted him Wednesday night at the hospital and wanted answers. You want the media to report everything so they are.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sounds like they are indeed looking for some sympathy swaying out of this, here is a quote from his son...

wow...if you think this

If privacy were your goal, then why announce it? >>

Because the media spotted him Wednesday night at the hospital and wanted answers. You want the media to report everything so they are. >>

They could have just said it is a private visit, what is so hard about that?

If the media pressed them on it, they could have just not answered or lied, like they did in the child rape cover up scandal he was part of.

Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the Vinny 'The Chin' Gigante ploy.

3 months ago transfers house to wife for $1.00.
    10 days ago...will finish the season & retire.
    Then fired.
    Now sick.