Home Stamps Forum
Options

My stamp web site

zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
Recently got my stamp collection dusted off and started working on it again.

Decided to make a website for it similar to my sports cards/memorabilia site.

Here's what I've got scanned so far - My Stamp Album

It really helps me find better examples and seeing what I'm missing. Too lazy to dig out the album sometimes. Nice to have this right at my fingertips while looking on Ebay.

Comments

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, your collection closely mimics mine, you have some higher denomination earlies that I do not have....those are nice. The bulk of my single collection resides in a 1994 Scott Minuteman Album with the more important stamps enclosed in the black visine lens holders.

I have not worked on this in ages, it is languishing on the shelf, I pull it out every now and then and memories on some purchases come back. e-bay in the early days was a treasure trove to find somewhat rare stamps included in collections or bulk sellers. I remember this one lady found her husbands collection in a shoe box in the attic, she had no idea what she had and only described or pictured just a few in the lot. I bought one lot for like $17 and when I got it, it was 20 used stamps from the 1880's which included a 1¢ pictoral from the 1860's (Scott #112)

She had a few more auctions and picked up two more lots and I finally had to e-mail her and tell her she was giving away the farm and needed some professional advice before she sold anymore. It was unreal...I got about $500-$750 dollars worth of stamps for about $60 She quit selling on e-bay, I hope she got some help.

Good luck

~Woody~
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing the link to your collection, Mike. I collected as a kid in the '60s and saved a lot of stuff that came my way, but my collection is not organized enough to enjoy like yours is!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, it's been a fun project organizing and looking at these after all these years. Filling holes in the collection that I never dreamed of as a kid has brought back some great memories. Remembering how much I wanted a certain stamp when I was younger to buy it now for $3-4 has been cool. LOL