Home Sports Talk

Jets v Broncos

ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
Anyone watching this? I'm not a Tebow hater at all, but this guy just doesn't have game. Maybe he's a winner, but not a qb.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    He has plenty of game, just not a throwing game. I'd rather see the bottom five starting QBs in the league have Tebow's skillset than Orton's. Much more interesting this way.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He has plenty of game, just not a throwing game. >>

Agreed. He made a nice run to seal the game last night.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I think it is refreshing to see an unconventional QB.
    Most of the QBs sit in the pocket and go thru their progressions like robots.
    It's nice to see something diffrent for a change. Who cares if it dosen't last forever or if he has no shot at being an all-star.
  • 4-1 as a starter this year. Not shabby
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved seeing the Jets get beat...................they think they are so good.........................NOT!!
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    That blitz on the Tebow TD was a stupid call by Ryan. The only way it would have paid off was if Tebow turned the ball over. Even a 10 yard loss on a sack would have still made it a very makeable FG that ties the game.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    The object of the game is to get the W. Tebow has been doing that. Enough said.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Tebow continues to lead Denver to victories; and if Denver makes the playoffs, the "template" of what a starting QB in the NFL is may change. Instead of being a guy who "stays in the pocket and throws laser passes of up to 50 yards", it may be that QB's will also need to be able to run very fast and hard enough to knock people over.
  • Wait, I thought all the "experts" said he could never play QB in the NFL? It's funny to watch some people contort themselves into all kinds of silly arguments explaining how Tebow takes a 1-4 team and goes 4-1. Can't argue with the "W" baby! Ya gotta believe! Not everyone is going to believe but you know who does? His team mates:

“I trust him. I trust him with everything,” Denver’s sensational rookie Von Miller told the NFL Network’s Alex Flanagan after the Broncos wrapped up its 17-13 win. “No matter how many interceptions he throws, how many touchdowns he throws, I’m going to ride with him to the end.”

Next week is San Diego. In case you don't remember, earlier this year after entering the game in the 3rd Quarter Tebow almost pulled off one of his patented "Miracle Comebacks" Here's a refresher.

Just keep doin' what you're doin' Timmy, you're doing just fine.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I've always liked this kid, both on and off the field. In five starts he has taken a 1-4 team to .500 and, if Oakland loses this week, tied for first place. Keep going kid!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • I like Tebow. He's a nice kid. But let's not go overboard. He led the Broncos to ten points. That's it. Yes, he led a game winning drive, but the plain and simple fact is that the Broncos defense kept Tebow in a position to win. They even chipped in with seven points of their own. If the defense doesn't hold them (for example, against Detroit), Tebow will have no chance. Defenses will adapt to Tebow. He needs to develop a passing game. Soon. I'll root for him to do so.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    The kid does it again. When the game is on the line this kid has the magic. Glad to see him get another "W".
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a chance he has any college eligibility left? image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph