Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

NEW Lincoln MEMORIAL excel compare sheet, Mercury and Early Lincolns updated 4/14

Here is the latest release of my Lincoln/Mercury Comparison excel Sheet. Here are the Features:

FIRST, I would like to that all of the people that make their sets visible. I really enjoy looking at them.

Has all visible sets in the list

Has the new weights and new RB/RD (FB for Mercs) bonuses

Let's you compare any two sets (look all the way to the right of the sheet, just change the "yellow" numbers
in those columns). Shows which set has better coin for each individual coin and the additional points that this coin gets

Gives the score if these two compared sets are combined

Recalculates the rankings when you add new coins to the sheet

Highlights finest known and one less than finest known in each set (aqua and light aqua shading)

ONLY CHANGE coins in INDIVIDUAL SETS and/or the numbers in the YELLOW boxes

Available at:

get it here

Comments

• Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    NEW FEATURE FOR THE MERCURY SETS:

Let's you play around with the weights/bonuses before PCGS releases them.

To change the weights, just change the numbers in Column C

I am not sure if there will be a bonus for FB, or a deduction for NO FB. The sheet is set up to handle either. If you want deductions for NO FB, put the deduction in column D (by default, this is the way it is set up with a -2 for not having FB). If you want to have a bonus for having FB, put the numbers in column E (and make the numbers in column C all 0)

If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

-sog
  • Options
    Oh poop, everybody keeps passing me!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is terrific. I can't believe all the work you put into this! Thanks so much, SOG!
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOG:

I haven't yet downloaded your work, but can I change the Merc weights so that all my coins are weighted and everyone else's coins are weighted 1?

Seriously, thanks in advance for all the effort!

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    if you change the merc weights, then EVERYONE'S scores are changed and the new rankings are calsulated. I was going to put in a "starter version" of the weights, then I realized that I had no clue where to start.

-sog
  • Options
    Thanks for the Memorial spreadsheet!

David
  • Options
    David,
    No problem for the Memorials. I have been thinking of getting into them soon anyway
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Have any of the Merc people thought about a suggested set of weights for the series? I would be interested to see the different perspectives. Also, any clue as to when PCGS will put the recommended Merc weights up?

I am in no rush for these, as my set has been assembled backwards in time. I am missing all of the key dates, so I will fall when the weights go in... but that is fine with me, as I have struggled to stay around 20th for months now.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    anyone interested in me adding any extra features? Finished my taxes and MBA application, so I have some free time this week :>