Home Sports Talk

Syracuse has their own Sandusky

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
Link

This is not a trend anybody wants to see continue, although if it means heightened awareness for sexual abuse and more creeps get thrown in jail because abused kids start to come forward, maybe some good can come out it....

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Watching the story on ESPN right now. Another SICK F'in Son of a B*tch! He and Sandusky should be made to go into a steel cage match ... each with a pipe ... and when one is dead the other is allowed to walk out. And then the fans can beat the sh*t out of him.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    The paralels between the two stories are eerie. Long-time coach, an initial police investigation that doesn't result in charges, the continued employment of said pedophile after the fact....

The strange thing to me is that somehow the assault continued to go on until the guy was 27 years old? How does that happen?
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to say "Unbelievable" but sadly its not, this is just the tip of the iceberg now, you watch just like the Catholic Church got uncovered for wide spread abuse of this sort many other schools and colleges will have breraking stories of their own.

Working in a Jail I see these people every day, they are not all "Weird" looking creeps they are alot of times completely normal looking and acting people that you would never ever guess were monsters.

As I get older my faith in mankind grows weaker and weaker

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched the ESPN interviews with the alleged victims. They are stepbrothers, and so far it is only thier word. Jim Boeheim says they are lying. I will wait until more info comes out before hanging the guy.
  • Why wasn't Jim Boheim fired today as well? Get rid of him too.
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just watched the ESPN interviews with the alleged victims. They are stepbrothers, and so far it is only thier word. Jim Boeheim says they are lying. I will wait until more info comes out before hanging the guy. >>

This. If these guys are guilty of what is alleged, then hang 'em high or whatever else the system decides is appropriate -- AFTER due process.

Knee-jerk firings before all the fact finding is in and before due process has taken place is, IMO, a witch hunt mentality fueled by fears of a "mob" demanding "justice" without a fair hearing, a fair trial, a full review of the evidence and so on. And yes. I realize that a firing isn't a criminal justice matter but a civil one with different standards -- but I think morally, a civil proceeding also needs due process for the accused.

Now I know someone will say "you'd feel differently if it was YOUR kid" -- and maybe I would, but it's also why justice is best administered without emotion. These incidents also remind me why I refuse to be alone with children without other adult witnesses present -- one false accusation from a kid who is angry with you for whatever reason can ruin lives and livelihoods.

So in terms of the people coming forward, both here and against Sandusky -- trust, but verify. Have we learned nothing from Duke lacrosse or the McMartin fiasco?
  • When the dudes wife is on the phone basically admitting to it all, then I've heard enough.

Fire em all...Fine is guilty NOW in my mind. Arrest his wife too.

Fire Boheim now because it was on his watch - sucks to be him, but he must go if the University wants to be taken seriously. Start to remove the stain.

LINK TO STORY
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>When the dudes wife is on the phone basically admitting to it all, then I've heard enough.

Fire em all...Fine is guilty NOW in my mind. Arrest his wife too.

Fire Boheim now because it was on his watch - sucks to be him, but he must go if the University wants to be taken seriously. Start to remove the stain.

LINK TO STORY >>

That tape with his wife and Davis on the phone is wild. I know the police said the Statute of Limitations had run out on charging Fine, but I wonder if his wife is in hot water for lying to the police since she apparently told them she knew nothing.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to get ugly. Not as ugly as Penn State, but ultimately Boeheim may be forced to resign -- I say its 50-50.
  • I'll say 99% chance he is gone.
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Feds have supposedly executed a search of Fine's office today.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Boeheim issues apology? Ha ha! Too late, you're as good as gone!
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Jim Boeheim and Joe Paterno get raked over the coals but the Boston Red Sox - and the literally dozens of people who knew something was going on - get a free pass for their child sex abuse scandal?

Tabe
  • Latest development: one of the accusers is also a child molester.