Home Precious Metals
Options

Man Reported to Find $500,000 Worth of Treasure in Storage Unit

A San Jose man needed no treasure map when he reportedly stumbled on to $500,000 worth of gold and silver after bidding on an abandoned storage unit. The man, identified only as John, apparently paid $1,100 for the unit
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    All I can say is that if I ever find a 1/2 million dollars abandoned, no one else is ever going to know it!
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭

<< <i>All I can say is that if I ever find a 1/2 million dollars abandoned, no one else is ever going to know it! >>

Exactly right, this guy might end up having problems with living family members of the deceased owner of the coins. Never know, just better off keeping it to himself.

Bstat
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All I can say is that if I ever find a 1/2 million dollars abandoned, no one else is ever going to know it! >>

Agree. That much treasure will generate lawsuits and robbery attempts. Also, your wife will go on a spending spree.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget IRS
  • Options
    Where's all the people saying he should return it all???? image
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options

Yeah this guy should have kept his big mouth shut, perhaps he was hoping to generate money and get his 15 minutes of fame by telling his story???
  • Options

<< <i>Where's all the people saying he should return it all???? image >>

I am sure the HONEST forum members will be here later, after they finish their voluntary community service
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    It's funny on yahoo it's just rare coins, gold and silver bars in a blue rubbermaid but to TMZ it's pirate treasure in an old chest...

link to US coin forum thread
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Yeah this guy should have kept his big mouth shut, perhaps he was hoping to generate money and get his 15 minutes of fame by telling his story??? >>

I don't think it was him who said anything. The auctioneers nosey'd around and leaked it.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yeah this guy should have kept his big mouth shut, perhaps he was hoping to generate money and get his 15 minutes of fame by telling his story??? >>

I don't think it was him who said anything. The auctioneers nosey'd around and leaked it. >>

That's why you only sell a little at a time over several months to stay under the radar.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget IRS >>

and who ever else is going to investigate it as well
  • Options
    wish i could find a half million in silver/gold. i defiently wouldnt be saying GUESS WHAT I FOUND!!
  • Options
    What a dopeimage Besides the government, people will be crawling out of the woodwork looking for a piece of that.