Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

recent Keith Olbermann purchase

Dick Wantz autograph

Wow - $3,500. Wantz played in only one game in MLB and died just one month later.

Comments

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I only have one word for that: damn.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    That's a really unique and interesting auto. Sad story behind it, too.

Stuff like this--to me at least--continues to make the hobby exciting.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Does he normally leave feedback?
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Let's face it, if you listen to Olbermann talk you already knew he wasn't all there.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does he normally leave feedback? >>

Hardly ever.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    How can you tell that Olbermann was the buyer?

The price is shocking.
  • Options

<< <i>How can you tell that Olbermann was the buyer?
    >>

I got his ebay ID from here.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was pretty common knowledge what his Ebay ID was. He purchased a few cards from me once and the Paypal went back to his name. I emailed him to verify that it was THE Keith Olbermann I was selling to and he confirmed it was.

I asked him if the Ebay ID was in regard to the infamous Fred Merkle and he confirmed it was as well as the date of the "Merkle boner" game. Knowing Olbermann is a huge fan of pre-war baseball I assumed this was the case.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's face it, if you listen to Olbermann talk you already knew he wasn't all there. >>

I would truly love, one day, to get through a whole thread about him without something like this.
  • Options

<< <i>Let's face it, if you listen to Olbermann talk you already knew he wasn't all there. >>

So, because you hold different political positions, Olbermann is insane? um....you should check out CBT across the street. Lots of folks there will welcome your views with open arms. You won't even have to use a cleverly disguised Latin sig.

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    first in with 'Bill O'Reilly'!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

So, because you hold different political positions, Olbermann is insane? um....you should check out CBT across the street. Lots of folks there will welcome your views with open arms. You won't even have to use a cleverly disguised Latin sig. >>

Nice!
  • Options
    Hi Matt! image

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

I would truly love, one day, to get through a whole thread about him without something like this. >>

It will never happen. One prevailing trait of the Illiterati is that they can't compartmentalize.
  • Options
    Another big purchase by Mr. Olbermann. $5,000 for an autographed card of an umpire. imagelink
  • Options
    I hate going up against him. Your chance of winning is pretty much zero but when you do win you don't just pay "to the moon" money you have to pay for the return trip as well image
  • Options
    i guess olbermann read the thread where the hobby is dying and figured he'd go out with a bang.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Whether you agree with his politics or not, you gotta respect the guys tenacity to pick up some very cool items!

I had no idea it was common knowledge Olbermann was on eBay like that. I learn something new from this site every day
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection