Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay seller Techmarina

Has been selling cards the last few months claiming they were "found in a desk drawer". All high grade of course.

Must've been a big drawer. Wonder if there was an exacto knife in there too?
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    I have been seeing alot of these "junk drawer" / "desk drawer" auctins recently.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    my breath has been taken.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    btw, the '64 Rose & Mantle need to go back in the drawer, they're 3 years early.
  • Options
    I had an experience with techmarina....
    I bought a 1957 "mint to nrmint" Mickey Mantle card off of them....Received the card and it looked to be in great shape, shipped it out to PSA for grading and wouldn't you know it came back trimmed. Contacted the seller and he told me that it wasn't his fault that PSA often misgrades cards and wasn't refunding the money i spent, which was a lot of money for me to risk on a raw card...but that's another story. So I decided to look closer at his feedback to see if I missed something about problems he had with prior eBayers and saw that he had sold the SAME exact card to another eBay buyer a month and a half earlier and the feedback had been retracted. So I contacted that buyer and he told me that he bought the card off of techmarina and sent it in to be graded by PSA and it came back trimmed, he then had to battle with Techmarina to get a refund and finally won through Paypal. He advised me to do the same, which I did, with all the information I had found out. Techmarina still denied knowing that it was altered or trimmed even after sent them the email correspondence with the previous buyer of the Mantle. Paypal took all evidence into consideration and gave me back all my money (shipping included)....
    Deal with techmarina at your own risk!

Oh and a sidenote...ever since I snooped in his feedback to find the evidence I needed they switched their feedback to private.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Why ayone would ever even CONSIDER buying from a seller with private feedback is beyond me.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why ayone would ever even CONSIDER buying from a seller with private feedback is beyond me. >>

Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    I thought the rule was that you can't sell if your feedback is set to private?
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in case anybody is tempted by his '53 Mantle...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Interesting . . .

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This is what they call irony.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is what they call irony. >>

It's like . . .

• Options
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    Ive missed the popcorn girl.
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    I think he meant private bidders, no one can see who is bidding so there is a 99.9% chance that the cards are getting shilled. Funny how all these raw card sellers have private bidding:

Techmarina

Great Lakes Auction House

I have a good idea about ebay helping us to see what sellers are shilling, make only the sales of cards that a seller has sold in the completed sale page GREEN if the seller has been paid threw paypal and RED if they have never received payment. ebay has all sold cards GREEN even if a buyer never pays for the card.
  • Options
    Could someone PM me the 411 on this issue with Burgundy? I get the gist of what he is being accused of, but I am completely in the dark as to why.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Could someone PM me the 411 on this issue with Burgundy? I get the gist of what he is being accused of, but I am completely in the dark as to why. >>

I'm with you Walter, normally when there's popcorn in a thread, I know why. I got no idea what's going on here.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Techmarina has a Ryan Rookie up to. Must be a helluva desk drawer!!!
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    These guys have been selling cards out of the same "drawer" for over a year now.

My thing is that if these cards are so perfect like the scans show, why not get them graded. They are losing hundreds to thousands easily.... Or maybe they're not graded for a reason. hmmm
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    This guy just sold an ungraded 53 topps mantle for $3600. Sure hope the "private winner" does not get burned.
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great Lakes Auction House >>

Did GLAH recently make their auctions private or has it been a while?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I don't get it either can someone pm me the details? I am feeling nosey
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    All I can say is ......

PHENOMENAL, BREATHTAKING, SPECTACULAR, BEAUTY, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS BEAUTY, STUNNING, CARD PACK FRESH, CARD INVESTMENT GRADE

Apparently, the cards cannot speak for themselves

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a feeling this guy is laughing all the way to the bank. He is getting 8 prices on some of his raw "finds" image