Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Perfect-Sized Team Bag for PSA Slabs

Hey Guys,

Every now and again someone posts that they're looking for the form-fitting lip-and-tape bags for PSA holders and I may have hit the jackpot. While scouring the net for something better than those supplied by Pro, I stumbled across the GT Bag Company, which is offering the following team bags: 3 5/16 x 5 1/8 (item # L6Bh3.3125x5.125). They're a tad pricy relative to PRO ($5/100), but they are the perfect size and very durable. See for yourself!

*As for the Tallboys and other slab variations, I'd just request a sample bag after you've ordered, as they included about five different bag samples the last time I purchased. Use their size chart to approximate the Tallboy (etc) dimensions and then use the corresponding item number to make your selection. As an aside, I have zero connection to this company, but they've got a helluva product and I was sure that you'd all like it.

* Edited to add the note above.
Always looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks in a uniform PSA 3 (NQ)

psacard.com/psasetregistry/publishedset.aspx?s=223023&ac=1

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Do you have some or are you just guessing by the dimensions?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Oh, I've been burning though my first 100-pack for the past year, and I ordered another 200 this evening off their site. They fit like a glove. I'd even go so far as to say they're the perfect fit, and that's something I've been seeking out for a long time. Just match up the dimensions in my original post and you won't be disappointed.

• Options
    Which size would be ideal for tall boys?
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    If they are what you say...I have been looking for this for a while.

I know most of the others vary tremendously and are not a close fit.

cardboard gold are very nice with a good fit.

Could you possible put up a scan to show us?

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Awesome, I have been looking for these, thanks for the heads up.

Edit to add: just purchased 200 bags. Thanks Again
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Bags have been purchased!!
  • Options
    Think I might try these as well. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    I hope that these pics do this product some justice. Nice & snug and very durable.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info and the scan...
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    A little bump for the Monday crowd.

• Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • Options
    I got my bags in today along with this recent purchase which I scanned after I put into the bag....

Complete satisfaction on the card and the bags!!!!
  • Options
    Nice Greenwood Mike! I didnt get my bags image
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, good looking LC.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    I ordered 1000 bags and got them 2 days ago. Has anyone noticed that the flaps do not stick well? I am finding myself having to tape them shut. I wonder if I got a bad batch or if they are all light on the glue.
  • Options

<< <i>I ordered 1000 bags and got them 2 days ago. Has anyone noticed that the flaps do not stick well? I am finding myself having to tape them shut. I wonder if I got a bad batch or if they are all light on the glue. >>

That is one of the problems I am seeing. I am making an effort to really press them shut, much like a self-stick envelope just to see if that makes a difference and most of them seem to be staying closed.
  • Options
    What other problems are you seeing? I have had a couple of them rip. They seem very thin. They were slightly expensive, but the S/H charges were crazy. My S/H charges were near $17. Either way, I am still much happier with them for PSA cards than the bigger bags that would have all of the extra plastic.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Im having trouble with mine coming open as well. Not a huge deal to me as on my very expensive cards, I am using these as a pre-sleeve to then go inside one of the card case pro holders. One my lesser expensive cards, they are going into a display case that I have on my wall, so they stay down by sitting on the shelf. I do wish they would stick better. Its almost like they need to be about 1/8 inch longer. with all the being said WAY WAY better than the graded card bags I was using.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ordered any of the 3 5/16 x 5 1/8 Lip & Tape bags from GT Bag company recently? My first order fit my PSA cards perfectly but the last set I bought are smaller width-wise. I went ahead and measured and my first order (back in 2011) were actually 3 3/8 x 5 1/8 but the latest batch are 3 5/16 x 5 1/8.

Both orders were Item #L6B3.3125x5.125.

Robb
  • Options
    I saw this thread for the first time yesterday and ordered a bag of 100 just now. Ive recently been using team bags because they fit so snug but the label part is unprotected. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Protection for my cases is really important to me because I cannot stand when cases get marked/scratched up.
  • Options
    I got my bags today in the mail. The first one was so tight that it literally split the side if the bag. Was thinking I wasted my money but the 2nd one fit after being extremely forceful. It was actually so tight that I had to push the PSA case down really hard but it in the end, it worked. Really tight fight too. The final product is that it does its job and I am very satisfied with the bags to protect my cards and I recommend this to others who are looking for an alternate than those baggy Ultra Pro graded bags. Instead I have been using the team bags but it wasn't protecting the top of the PSA label. Now I will transfer all my cards into the new bags I just received.

Here are some pictures.

UPDATE: I take it back. These bags are terrible. Ive must of ripped at least 10 bags now. I rip at least 2-7 bags trying to get a case to fit into it. These bags are just WAY TOO TIGHT. Save your money and pass this one up. This is just too much of a hassle. I don't recommend these unless you have lots of patience. Sure it looks nice (when you get them in) but this is not what I'm looking for as far as quality. The sides tear way too easy.

I just put the cards back in the Ultra Pro team bags as I originally had them in. Complete waste of money if you want to use these for your cards.

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Not surprised these aren't fitting. Slabs are 3 1/4 inch wide, if the bags are 3 5/16, they are only 1/16 of an inch bigger. Considering the cards are 1/4 inch thick, technically, 3 3/4 would be ideal.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page