Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

No grade code 85

I just received a no grade code of 85 on a crossover at any grade submission. Anybody have any idea what this means?

David

Comments

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I don't, but I'll TTT your thread so that someone who does will answer you.image
    Becky
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting - that code is not shown on the PCGS Grading Standards page.image
  • Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly certain 85 just means it didn't cross, nothing more.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a "no decision" decision. I had one on an S-VDB. PCGS couldn't verify it was real but neither would they say it was fake.

What is the coin? You will get a refund, FWIW.
    Lance.
  • Options
    Hmmm. Sounds like I shouldn't have got the 85. It was a NGC 1967 SMS ucam nickel. No question it was an SMS. I sent two and the other one got a .93, and there really is a planchet flaw.
    Thanks everyone. Guess I'll call Monday and ask what's the deal.

David
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm fairly certain 85 just means it didn't cross, nothing more. >>

^
    This.

peacockcoins

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got my crossover submission back with the following serial number for my 1826 ANACS CBH.....

6143.85/26510006

Can someone verify what the point of this designation is.(sorry to end a sentence with a preposition)
    The coin has no problems that I can see.
    I submitted an old ANACS graded AU50 CBH and gave it a Min grade of 45 for crossover.
    Kind of frustrating.

PCGS Grades and Codes Link
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You coin did not meet the minimum grade in the eyes of the grader. GoldBully they must of thought your coin was only an XF-40. Thus no cross at XF-45 and the 85 code.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or possibly they do not think it deserves a clean grade.
    Cross at any grade does not include details grade or Genuine only coins does it?
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that is the case. The OP had one of his crosses come back with a plancet flaw code. I had a cross come back with the Altered Surface altered surface code. So if they think it is only a genuine coin they will give a reason just like with a raw coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file