Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Some Expert Tone Advice Needed

I found this in with some culls I have had sitting around. The entire Obverse had this black tar like crud covering it. I was just looking for a coin to practise on with some acetone. Well, I was flabbergasted to find all of this color hidden behind that black stuff.

Do you think PCGS will slab it or would they body bag it for "AT"? The photos don't show all the vibrant color of the blues, red, purple and gold but you can probably get a good idea of what it looks like though. The second photo is the reverse. It looks to grade about XF I think?

Thanks,
Larry
Dabigkahunaimage

Bigger photo:OBV

Comments

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Larry, I will say a bodybag from PCGS. It looks environmentally damaged so even if the toning does not come into question I think that will. Just my opinion. Good Luck with what ever you decide.

Tbig
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

IMHO, it is an AT coin and if you send it in to PCGS, it will come back in a bodybag. image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only will PCGS provide you with the bodybag for this one but they might even send you a brochure for a burial plot.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Put in on ebay, You might get a grand!
  • Options
    Pat,
    We will head down to the "Belly Up" and have real old fashioned Irish wake for it then.imageimage

I have these eight free submissions burning a hole in my pcket.image Hmmmm?

Larry
    Dabigkahunaimage