Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1977 Topps and O-PEE-CHEE Glossy (Hockey)

I just entered a "Glenn Resch O-PEE-CHEE Glossy round corners" into my registry and it says 1 of 1 PSA 10.
If I look at the registered sets it says that there are 17 sets of Topps/OPC. I know there is 4 variation of these cards: Topps round, Topps square, OPC round and OPC square. Are these all grouped together? They are clearly labeled in the back it's not like the 1970 stickers where they are the same (OPC and Topps).

Comments

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    At one time they were all completely grouped together, and PSA did not recognize the differences on the flips. They eventually started separating square and round corners on the flips and pop report, but that does nothing for the already-graded cards. AFAIK, they still don't separate Topps and OPC.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    my all PSA 10 set is up for auction as we speak at: http://www.gregbussineauauctions.com/Catalog3.aspx
    Collecting Nolan Ryan Master, 1968 Basic, and WHA, as well as unused and authentic tickets from 60s-70s rock concerts.
  • Options

<< <i>At one time they were all completely grouped together, and PSA did not recognize the differences on the flips. They eventually started separating square and round corners on the flips and pop report, but that does nothing for the already-graded cards. AFAIK, they still don't separate Topps and OPC.

Nick >>

If you do a search on e-bay, you'll notice they say OPC "or" Topps. I think both on the label is the old way, not sure?

It's kind of a mess... OPC only, Topps only and OPC/Topps on label.
  • Options
    I bought a "1977 Topps/O-PEE-CHEE Dionne" and it comes up as Topps only in the registry...but it's an O-PEE-CHEE. Now PSA wants me to send it in for correction so it will say O-PEE-CHEE only. So many cards are labelled Topps/O-PEE-CHEE and they want everybody to send them in for corrections?????? What a hassle!

"tdfitz"...According to PSA all your labels are wrong too. This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hank36Hank36 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Related question: How tough is it to find well-centered centered square-cornered cards? I've bought yet another raw, "NM" OPC that has turned out to be off-center, this time with a couple of mm's of the card below and the card to the left.

Also, is there any particular reason for the two different (square and round corner) cuts?
  • Options

<< <i> Also, is there any particular reason for the two different (square and round corner) cuts? >>

I have never been able to find out the answer to that. When I was a kid I only got the rounded corners in my O-PEE-CHEE packs.