Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Railway locomotives

Lots of ships on this site, but does anyone else have steam locomotives?

David

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some nicely done Railroad Pesos (Mexico 1950 Cinco Pesos). Don't have a picture handy, maybe someone will volunteer one.
  • Options
    gummibeargummibear Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Here is one I have that I always like the design of.

Richard

• Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    From Heritages' Auction Archives:
    San Felipe gold Railroad Token 1892, Grove-274a (plate page 56) in gold, 22 mm, plain edge, 7.9 g, MS62 NGC, a wonderful example,
    bold in strike with deep broad rims that are as sharp as a knife blade, with prooflike surfaces and gleaming luster.
    Souvenir of the railroad's entrance to San Felipe. A fabulous piece! (Misidentified on the grading insert as Grove-276, which is a silver school medal.)

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    Canada has some great locomotive silver dollar coins and very reasonable, even in proof.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the lightside, if you do not mind:

imageimage

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    I had a couple of trains on jetons, but can't find the pics right now. Great idea for a thread though, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
  • Options
    Here are my train coins..

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From Heritages' Auction Archives:
    San Felipe gold Railroad Token 1892, Grove-274a (plate page 56) in gold, 22 mm, plain edge, 7.9 g, MS62 NGC, a wonderful example,
    bold in strike with deep broad rims that are as sharp as a knife blade, with prooflike surfaces and gleaming luster.
    Souvenir of the railroad's entrance to San Felipe. A fabulous piece! (Misidentified on the grading insert as Grove-276, which is a silver school medal.)

imageimage
    imageimage >>

I like image
  • Options

Ok, it's been a while but I finally found another railway-themed jeton-

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, it's been a while but I finally found another railway-themed jeton-

image >>

Oh now that is one that combines my prurient interests - trains and babes!image
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options