Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Do you bid "more" for odd-sized slabs of your player(s)?

When bidding on item(s) of your player(s), do you bid more for "odd" shaped items knowing that PSA charges more to grade them then traditional sized items?
Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not take grading fees into consideration when bidding. I rarely buy anything ungraded anymore. Too many a$$wipes out there doctoring cards.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    When I was collecting the Gwynn master set I would bid a bit more for odd shaped cards because I knew less people were likely to sub them.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    yes.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I bid on the card not on the holder.
    Some people must be losing money selling their card and holder for less money than the price of grading. I've been trying to sell an odd size card now for a while and I'm down to $6...and it's not selling. I'm sure it cost more than that to grade. Makes you wonder???
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Really depends on the grade of the item .........but Yes .............if its something I need for my Registry set , I will make a reasonable bid to get it ! When you consider that odd sized items cost more to grade , it makes more sense to buy one already graded ! How many of us have 10 or more of the same odd size to submit to get the cheaper grading fee specials when they come around ? .....................Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set