Home Precious Metals

Best way to sell 25 Gold American Eagle Proofs

Hello all, I have about 25 Gold American Eagle Proof coins of different sizes in the presentaion boxes. I was hoping to sell them all at once and was wondering if anyone has used any of the online "buy old" sites? Any recommendatons? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CNI at golddealer.net or .com has buy prices posted, and have gotten some good feedback on the forum.
    Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between CNI, Heritage, Rarcoa, Gainsville, Apmex, Tulving, Silvertowne, and other large US gold retail/wholesalers, you should be able to get a very competitive price.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try moderncoinmart.com. they will require coin delivery before payment, but they are very reputable and post here often. Ask for Jason, always takes care of me.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Thank you all for your quick reply!!!
  • AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Also try Wondercoin here on the boards. Do your homework to know what they're worth and make an offer to him. I just did a sizable deal with him that went off without a hitch, and I was happy with the price he paid.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also try Wondercoin here on the boards. Do your homework to know what they're worth and make an offer to him. I just did a sizable deal with him that went off without a hitch, and I was happy with the price he paid. >>

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    You could also call Provident metals. They have given me pretty good prices in the past. Quick check also.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy gold. So does the Car Dealer... so do millions of others.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to list them on the BST and you may get the most out of them,

Loves me some shiny!
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget to list them on the BST and you may get the most out of them, >>

will be difficult, new member with two posts and high dollar coin sets. I would only buy if coins were delivered before payment until seller had some successful BST transactions under his belt. Nothing personal against the OP.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of BST, but thought, like derryb, that it would be harder that way. I have been in touch with a few of the dealers suggested here. If that doesnt work out, I will go the BST way, but sell a few at a time until I can build up my reputation. Thanks again everyone.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget to list them on the BST and you may get the most out of them, >>

BST?....assuming you want all the hassles of different buyers who will return a coin for the most minor blemish or because the pog fell $20 since you confirmed on the order.
    The BST is the last place I'd go for coins like this other than tried and true no nonsense buyers like Wondercoin. And those people I would contact individually as mentioned
    above. It's not 2007 any more. One has to be very careful in whom they are dealing with.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I think Crown should send a few to derryb, derryb will pay promptly, as usual, and then derryb can sell them to us. Then the deal could be repeated and everyone makes out. Forumites unite!-----------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Thank you.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I would deal with board member Segoja if he's buying. Always got best price from him on proof AGE's.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Just wanted to post an update, just in case someone is in the same boat as I was. I sold all the coins to buyselltrade, a member on this forum. The transaction was smooth and easy. Thanks again for everyone's help, and thanks to buyselltrade.