Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Damaged cards in PSA Holders

hello,

i am new to the board, but a veteran to psa submissions. in the 3 years i have been submitting cards this has never happened. i submitted 2 cards in near mint/mint conditon. hoping to get a psa 8 or 9, they came back as 8's. but, the cards in the holders had paper loss in the lower right hand corners, obviously occurring when they were encapsulating them. the cards are no better than ex but preside in a psa 8 holder, has anyone here at any time or recently encountered this problem of cards coming back damaged? does anyone have any advice

bill h
Interested in 1955 bowman baseball psa 7 and better!

Comments

• Options
    Call Charlie at Customer service. 1-800-325-1121, ext. 141, and explain the situation to him.

Meaning no disrespect, but are you sure that the cards were not that way prior to submitting? If they are in fact EX-Mt's now instead of 8's as a result of some mechanical error, then I'm sure that PSA will do the right thing as the difference between a 6 and an 8 would be obvious.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    OH, I'm forgetting my manners, welcome to the board!
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Bill

Welcome to the board.

You could try ZAG. I send VG to EX cards to them all the time, and they actually come back NrMt-Mt !

Now, I am not sure if ZAG "repairs" the cards, or simply replaces my card with better conditioned cards. Either way, its a great deal.

Again, welcome...

Brian
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    "Bill H" wouldn't be Bill Henderson, would it?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Bill H is not Bill Henderson -- I've sold him a few cards myself!

And I'm trying to get him to trade me three of his 1955 Bowman cards! To no avail!. Welcome to the board.

MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.