Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does it generally take more time for "tallboys" to grade?

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sent in a 20 card submission 10 day turnaround. Was received 11 days ago and no grades yet. All of these were larger (but not supersized) cards. Anyone have this experience with bigger cards or is it just hit and miss? I know there is not a guarantee that cards will be done by a specific date.........just wondering.

The wait is killing me LOL

Joe
2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    yes, not sure why but that has been my experience.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    I also think they take longer for some reason...

I am on business day 43 for a sub of 67 poster inserts which are 5" x 7". This is the second time I have subbed them and the first time they also went the full 45 days.

Real tough waiting this long...

Jeff
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Agreed
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    no love for the large....i once called and asked about the slower processing of tall boys, thought maybe it had something to do with using a different sized slab, but CS said they do 'em all the same.

i've noticed in the past people posting here about their tall boy grades and they seem to come in waves, so i'll speculate that they wait until they have a bunch and then do them all at once, like at the end of the month of a special promotion.

must be a PITA to do the work when 99.9% of the cards are standard size.
  • Options

<< <i>no love for the large....i once called and asked about the slower processing of tall boys, thought maybe it had something to do with using a different sized slab, but CS said they do 'em all the same.

i've noticed in the past people posting here about their tall boy grades and they seem to come in waves, so i'll speculate that they wait until they have a bunch and then do them all at once, like at the end of the month of a special promotion.

must be a PITA to do the work when 99.9% of the cards are standard size. >>

Bingo!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi