Home Stamps Forum

how can i get face value?

i don't know much about stamps, but i've got a couple albums worth of relatively new stamps, all unused, and i'm wondering if it's possible to 'cash them in' somewhere? like $1500 worth.

i'd like to get at least 80-90% of the face value.. any advice? it isn't possible to sell them back to the post office is it? any dealers/collectors out there interested?

Comments

• KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    If you do any selling start using it as postage on your packages to get 100% in value. The Post Office won't take it back. If you search Ebay closed auctions it routinely sells for below what you're looking for.
  • CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    $1500 might take awhile to use up :/

annnnd.. yeah, i checked ebay

anyone else?
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sell at 75% and it's hard to do that, you're just going to have to expect less
  • I haven't bought a stamp from the post office in more than 10 years. Rather, I buy large lot auctions of unused stamps on E-bay. I figure my average cost is about 25% of what I would pay at the post office. I even put "my stamps" on packages right at the post office after they weigh it and tell me the cost. I doubt they like it, but they must accept it.

Mike
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭
    >> I even put "my stamps" on packages right at the post office after they weigh it and tell me the cost. I doubt they like it, but they must accept it. >>

ya know, there are alot of people i strive to please in life

.....the post office isn't one of them

www.brunkauctions.com

• delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Now that first class postage stamps are "forever" stamps it is going to be interesting to watch how this begins to impact the market for older mint postage.

The 3 cent sheets are selling for a premium. Others will eventually dry up. And once the supply starts to consist of forever stamps they will appreciate with the rising cost of postage.

I buy postage on the bay for about 75 cents on the dollar. I have never bought the forever booklets or rolls; I suspect most of them are actually stolen from employers' mailrooms.