Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What has happened to Teletrade?

I have been buying and selling on Teletrade since their inception. I remember Julie Abrahms and Bernard Rome.

I have done maybe $100,000 business with them. But lately I can't even get a straight answer from their Customer Service gal nor even the Prez.

I think it's time to jump ship and start working with Greatcollections.

Comments

• Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.K.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Within more info, ie...specifics of what you are asking to try to get them to answer, it is hard to understand......
    if you are upset, then you are upset. But if you want others to understand why you are upset, an example would be peachy image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see a few reasons for doing more business with GreatCollections over Teletrade.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dealings with them have been about the same for several years now ....None.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    During 2011 I've have purchased two coins off Teletrade. I wish they offered more stickered coins in my series.
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    Didn't Teletrade get started with selling jewelery?
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't notice any difference in them lately.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had nothing but success with GreatCollections. Nothing against TT, but Ian and the Great Collections organization has worked for me.

Drunner
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Problem with Great Collections is I see almost all coins have a starting bid. Teletrade has none. BIT, BOTH have the possibilty (FACT) that the sellers ARE bidding their coins up. TT has MANY coins that keep going up for auction. E-bay has usually no opening bids, many more coins, usually musch cheaper than both auction houses, no buyers fees. Covered by Paypal, only had 2 problems in over 10 years buying/selling well over $100,000 of items. E-bay all the way! image))
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their current auction style is often criticized and yet, folks keep bidding, or at least try too. Its not like any other auction house even tho some will try to defend it. I look but rarely bid. Its like its more of a shell game as to whether the coin is actually "up for auction" or just there to test the market. I do not have time for that crap. If you own and want to sell it, then Damn it, sell it!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    I gave uo on Teletrade last summer. I was happy to see Great Collections open and have bought quite a bit from them this fall.
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have had nothing but success with GreatCollections. Nothing against TT, but Ian and the Great Collections organization has worked for me.

Drunner >>

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been buying and selling on Teletrade since their inception. I remember Julie Abrahms and Bernard Rome.

I have done maybe $100,000 business with them. But lately I can't even get a straight answer from their Customer Service gal nor even the Prez.

I think it's time to jump ship and start working with Greatcollections. >>

That seems too strong without at least a bit more information
  • Options

I have had no problems with Teletarde and when I needed customer service last week
    they where more than helpful and took care of my question with in minutes. I don't feel they are
    playing games. If I see someting I want I bid what I want to pay just like on every other
    acution site. I hate to say it but this thread sounds like an add for Great Collections since
    these are the only two sites mentioned here. I will agree that GC has come along way
    since Ian Russell left Teletrade and started GC and with his crew they have been making big
    gains on all the other auction sites but the things said about TT I do not see happening there.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've used TT since probably around 9/11.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Great Collections is good but thay dont have very many coins! Teletrade still beats them.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭✭
    Just got an Express mail package full of goodies from them last week. Besides the hidden reserves I have no complaints. You guys can continue to stay way! Better prices for us that still bid/buy from themimage
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    I realize I have not provided enuff details as to exactly what has gone wrong.

I have decided to give them one more chance to give me an explanation. If I still don't receive a satisfactory response, I will tell you all exactly what my beef is.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been a member virtually since their inception but don't use them any more except for the occasional variety cherrypick. I've had my problems with them over the years. Seems they have a little symbol for just about everything-low mintage, new holder, old holder, registry, toned, etc etc etc. I think they need a new symbol-the recycle symbol for coins that have been recycled in their auctions five or more times. Seems like that's most of their material these days.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file