Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Who is the most reliable photo hosting service?

I have been using the same people for years and they have multiple issues every year. There is nothing worse than your photos going down during the last few hours of an auction. I am just looking for a very reliable service and I don't mind paying a subscription for it.

Comments

• bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Buy your own domain from a reliable WEBSITE (not photo) hosting service and put them there. A simple FTP program can upload them, and you can also use it for any other docs/files/p*rn you wish to save. :-)
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Honestly I haven't had a single problem with photo bucket in the past year.

All I ever do is 'upload' and change them to whatever album I want (create your own). I've never had a problem uploading or viewing the images.

Edit to add:

That is with a free account, I'm sure if you got their subscription it would be even better, I've never exceeded the amount of space needed but the subscription gives you more views per month and better quality/faster uploading/priority.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    About 2 years ago I had big problems with Photobucket. Don't know if the problem was on my end or theirs. While it was working well it was a great site. So I switched to another free site ... TinyPic.com ... it has been great and I have had no problems at all the past ~2 years.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Doug, I used to use tinypic for random uploads since it just spits out the link, do you actually have an account that you can re-access what you uploaded after you exit out?
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    That is with a free account, I'm sure if you got their subscription it would be even better, I've never exceeded the amount of space needed but the subscription gives you more views per month and better quality/faster uploading/priority. >>

I use Photobucket myself - a free account. They lifted the limits on them about a year ago so you can upload as much as you want now.

Tabe
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    I have used Imageevent for about 5 years and have NEVER had a problem (knock on wood) It costs 24.95 a year and allows up to 1500 pictures. You can buy more space if needed.

My link

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    OP - this thread wasn't started because Villagephotos has been down since the 17th was it?

anyways, I've been with them for 10 years plus.....not no more!

Probably going to give photobucket a shot.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I have NEVER had an issue with photobucket. It's been great for me.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Doug, I used to use tinypic for random uploads since it just spits out the link, do you actually have an account that you can re-access what you uploaded after you exit out? >>

Yes, I have an account that gives me access to all the pictures I have downloaded (1,000+) since I opened my account.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have NEVER had an issue with photobucket. It's been great for me. >>

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another plug for Photobucket. I have been using it for several years with no issues. I probably have 3000 pictures on the site now.
    James
  • kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

I use photobucket as well and never had any problems image

Logan
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have NEVER had an issue with photobucket. It's been great for me. >>

+1
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Tried photobucket, had huge problems. Been using imageevent for about 5 years, it's perfect.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• CWCW Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

I use photobucket as well and never had any problems image

Logan >>

haha... nice. image

• << <i>OP - this thread wasn't started because Villagephotos has been down since the 17th was it?

Probably going to give photobucket a shot. >>

Those guys are a nightmare. I have heard many times over the years that they keep their equipment in a bedroom closet. They must be one of the most unreliable out there.
  • Thank you for all of the advice everyone image

• << <i>

<< <i>OP - this thread wasn't started because Villagephotos has been down since the 17th was it?

Probably going to give photobucket a shot. >>

Those guys are a nightmare. I have heard many times over the years that they keep their equipment in a bedroom closet. They must be one of the most unreliable out there. >>

Not as long as it is a temperature controlled well ventilated closet image
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I use inkfrog as my auction lister for eBay, but I am allowed to use it to host pictures as well. Never had a problem with it.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Photo bucket
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    photo bucket,never a problem.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    photo bucket.....have had free account for several years with no problems.....